CYO Mission Statement
CYO Sports is one component of a parish’s comprehensive youth ministry program which enables the partnership of
parents, coaches, priests, religious, teachers and adult leaders to manage and support a sports program that allows
youth to grow in their relationship with God and come to better understand themselves and the Catholic Faith.
Such a program:
* Employs healthy and enjoyable competition to promote the
sharing of gospel values among athletes, parents, and coaches.
* Assists parish leadership in nourishing the emotional, spiritual,
social and physical needs of young people.
* Encourages young people to appreciate the gifts they possess and challenges them to share these gifts with their community.
* Allows youth to witness the life of Christian discipleship in their coaches and adult leaders.
* Encourages youth to become responsible members of their faith community.