Register early for Science Explorers at Saint Andrew School on Tuesday Afternoons - 3:15-4:15 for Grades 1-5.
Science Explorer Schedule:
- Toying Around with Science: November 7, 14, 21, 28, December 5
- Let's Get Electrified: December 12, 19, January 9, 16, 23
- Loose in the Chem Lab: February 6, 13, 20, 27, March 6
- Marine Biology Mania: March 20, 27, April3, 10, 17
- KaBoom Chemistry (3-session club): May 1, 8,15
- Ready, Set, Summer! (One Day, 2-Hr club) May 29 / 3:15-5:15
The following clubs are $87 before the club starts, $92 after the club starts
- Toying Around with Science
- Let's Get Electrified
- Loose in the Chem Lab
- Marine Biology Mania
- KaBoom Chemistry
- Ready, Set, Summer!
KaBoom Chemistry is $55 before start date; $60 if you register on or after start date
Ready, Set, Summer is $39.95
- Multi-Club Discount: Register for 3 or more clubs in one order and receive 5% off the total.
Two Ways to Register:
- Register Online: ScienceExplorers.com
- Mail this form to Science Explorers,110 W. Wyomissing Ave.,Mohnton PA 19540
Notes about Registration
- Please do not send forms to school; register online or mail form to Science Explorers.
- Club tuition is discounted if you register before the start date.
- Registrations will only be confirmed via email.
- Refunds are not permitted once session has begun.
- $15 processing fee for all refunds.
- $35 processing fee for returned checks.
- Science Explorers are unable to pro-rate for any reason.
Please note: Parent is responsible for child's attendance and prompt pick-up. Late pick-ups are subject to additional fees. In the event of inclement weather, Science Explorers will follow your school's dismissal procedure. By registering my child I grant permission and release Science Explorers and its affiliates from any and all liability relating to or arising from Science Explorers after-school club program.
SCIENCE EXPLORER PROGRAM DETAILS
We’ve picked some of our favorite activities and even created some new ones for this 3-session club. Get your goggles ready to experiment with chemistry that fizzes, bangs and pops as you blast off film canister rockets, make an explosion in a bag, erupt a mini geyser, mix up fizzy bath poppers, and create a bubbling density concoction!
Toying Around with Science
Explore the world of physics and chemistry that exists in toys. We’ll put a spin on some classic favorites and introduce you to some new “totally tubular” toys. Boomerangs, yo-yos, kaleidoscopes and roaring cups are all part of the fun!
Let’s Get Electrified
Be sure to stay grounded while we make exciting gadgets and explore electricity. Harness electromagnetic energy to run a motor. Build your own signaling buzzer to complete a family science game. Get on the electric superhighway and create your own circuits. Want to think green? Explore alternate energy sources by using hydropower to run a water wheel. Stay current with this exciting adventure, as it’s sure to be electrifying!
Loose in the Chem Lab
We’ll put the scientific method to the test as we put on our goggles and get elbow deep in chemistry! Discover the secret colors in candy, conduct heat sensitive experiments that change color, make the best bubble solution ever, and mix up a substance that acts like a solid AND a liquid!
Marine Biology Mania
Get ready to dive deep as we explore life under the sea! Come face to face with a real fish and practice the ancient art of gyotaku (fish printing), conduct a whale blubber lab and test ocean water density and salinity. It’s more fun than a day at the beach!
Ready, Set Summer!
Everyone is welcome to join us for a special 2-hour Science Explorers club to get your summer science fun started! We’ll create colorful beach bags using chromatography, make super sidewalk chalk, and build solar ovens to bake some delicious s’mores. (Allergy Alert: S’mores are made with graham crackers, chocolate kisses and marshmallows.)