Dear St. Andrew Parents,
Welcome back to Friday News. I hope you had a great Christmas, New Year, and first week back to school. Thankfully, my Covid test was negative, but it was a crazy start to the year in the Sikora house. We are all glad to be back in school and a routine! God Bless our teachers!
Thank you for the prayers for Monsignor and our rectory staff as they continue to recover from COVID. Here is a letter from Father Kyle with a few updates if you did not receive it in the email from Dan Tarrant.
We would like to celebrate our retiring 6th grade Girls Scout Troop and their recent donation to Saint Andrew. Saint Andrew School Girl Scout Troop 21179 made a cash donation to their school for $1,621.14. This Troop had been together for 6 years, and most recently had 19 members. This cash donation was raised through the girls’ collective efforts during the annual cookie drive. The money will be spent to help with building security. Thank you girls!
Since we finished our last week in December at home due to the snow, our students will be able to make up their dress down days that they earned from the December fundraiser the next 2 Fridays (1/15 & 1/22).
- Statement from the Archbishop regarding the Violent Protests in the United States Capital
- School Mass
- When the cases began to rise in December, we made the decision to only have virtual Mass with no students in the Chapel. This week due to the priests being in quarantine, we did not have Mass at all. Mass for next week is also cancelled. We hope to celebrate Mass virtually after next week, and we will keep you updated on our plans.
- Diaper Drive
- We officially closed out the diaper drive with Catholic Social Services. 5,551 individual diapers (68 packages/boxes) and 4,404 individual wipes (14 packages/boxes) were collected!
- Special Thank You to the Myers Family for coordinating this drive.
- EITC Donation Information
- Dress Down Day and other Fundraising information
- In September, we raised $760.00 for the Bucks County Heroes Scholarship Fund.
- In October, we raised $911.50; half of the money raised went to the Nexus School, and the other half went to our religious education special needs program.
- In November, we raised $643.00 for the Epilepsy Foundation of Eastern Pennsylvania.
- In December, we raised over $7,500 for the Kotwicki Family
- Student Collection of Coats – 147 coats donated to A Woman’s Place Shelter.
- School Lunch Order Information
High School Information
- Gwynedd Mercy
- We will be hosting one more raffle and will draw names on February 15th! We invite your 6th and 7th grade families to join our email list today through February 14th!