Dear St. Andrew Parents,
I hope you had a great week. Please remember that 4/30 is a virtual half day as our teachers and maintenance staff prepare for the final transition for our students who have been learning at home and are now planning to come back into the building. The survey to make the change will be sent home on Monday. Preschool will be a half day in the building. Dismissal will begin at 11:30.
Please see the information below regarding our General Home and School Meeting, updated personnel hires/changes, the Crusader Dash/Fun Run, and a new “Ask it” program. With the pandemic, it has been harder for our new families to connect and ask advice from each other. Below you can find information and a place to ask questions about our school or community from a Saint Andrew Parent and Home and School Representative.
Thanks again for all of your support, and have a great weekend!
- Saint Andrew Home and School General Meeting this Spring will be April 22, and will cover the topic of Quality Time – Enriching Family Bonds.
- Flyer for More Information
- Free, Interactive, and Available to watch from your home on Zoom as long as you register.
- All families who attend will receive a Friday dress down day pass for each child. Don’t miss this amazing opportunity!
- Matteo…”I was invited to attend a wonderful workshop through Our Lady of Guadalupe Church in Buckingham. I was completely ‘blown away’ by the presenters. Their presentation was refreshing and inspirational.”
- This Monday, April 19, students from around the Archdiocese will lead the Rosary Campaign for an End to the Coronavirus and Renewal in the Church at 8PM.
- Go to http://www.phillyevang.org/rosary/ to join us in prayer on Monday evening. A special thank you to Saint Peter the Apostle, Our Lady of Port Richmond, and Saint Pio Regional for their participation. If you have special students who would like to lead the Rosary Campaign for future nights featuring the students, please contact Ali Holden at MCA@archphila.org.
- Ask It!
- Looking for a central source to ask your SAS questions? One where you can receive information on a variety of school topics from school events to volunteering and anything in between. We have an answer for you!
- My name is Kate Schultz. I am a 5-year St. Andrew mom, and I am here to help.
- Visit my open office hours on:
- Maybe you are:
- A newer parent to school who wants to find out where to get different types of information (Ex. help navigating website).
- A veteran SAS parent but new to a particular grade.
- A parent who wants to learn about the great volunteer opportunities available at SAS
- Can’t make it to office hours? Email me at AskitStAndrew@gmail.com.
- Look forward to connecting soon!
- Personnel Update
- We are excited to announce we will have 4 Kindergarten classrooms next year and to announce the hire of Lea Zarro to our Kindergarten team.
- 1st Grade
- We will have 3 first grade classrooms next year, and Ms. Leinheiser will be moving from the Preschool to first grade and will be teaching with Mrs. Duffner and Mrs. Fife.
- Crusader Dash
- The SAS Moms’ Booster Club has started planning for the 3rd annual Crusader Dash later this Spring! This event has been a huge success in the past in large part to the wonderful St. Andrew Community and our community partners who help sponsor the run. This year, we are using funds raised to help support the purchase of new computers for our teachers. If any SAS family or SAS family-owned businesses are interested in partnering with the Moms’ Booster Club to sponsor the 2021 Crusader Dash, please see the attached sponsorship form or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 21-22 Saint Andrew Calendar – Final Draft
- School Lunch Order Information
High School Information
- Nazareth Girls High School
Community Information and Summer Camps
- Bucks County Medication Disposal Drop Flyer – Sat 4/24 10am-2pm
- Interested in Acting or Theatre – Check out the flyer below
- Newtown Parks and Rec Camp Information
- Summer Bball Camps – Pure Skills – Coach Krasna
- Bucks County Camp EXPO
- New Date! CEC Test Prep Workshop – for current 7th graders / rising 8th graders June 21-25