Dear St. Andrew Parents,
I hope you had a great week! Well, I had a minor setback/injury. Unfortunately, it was not my fingers to shorten up the Friday News but rather my leg (Achilles). I have missed the interaction in the car line after school and the morning waves. I hope to be back out there sooner rather than later.
Recently, we have had a few questions regarding our CARES Program. CARES runs from 6:45AM, and it runs until 6:00PM. All students PK-8 are welcome to attend, and the rate is charged on an hourly basis. Many students come everyday, others come certain days a week, while others only come occasionally when the care is needed.
As the weather gets warmer, some families have planned trips. Please understand that we can not go back and reteach missed lessons when children return from trips. We have a scope and sequence to follow, and this would not be fair for the other students in the class. It is also not fair to require the teachers to prepare work beforehand for vacations. If the teacher has assignments prepared beforehand, they may be able to provide some work, but this should not be the expectation. Per our handbook, “teachers will not assign work before trips and are not expected to re-teach the material missed while the student is on vacation. Students are responsible to make up work upon return to class. All tests missed due to vacations will be made up at the convenience of the teacher.”
If you would like to change your learning environment for any reason, please complete this form. The form only needs to be completed if you wish to change, and it must be completed by Sunday, April 25. The moving of materials will take place during our virtual half day on Friday, April 30. This is the last opportunity to change learning environments.
Next Thursday 4/29 will be a $1 dress down day, and the money received for the dress down will go to multiple charities.
4/30 is a virtual half day (K-8), and students will have asynchronous work to complete via Google Classroom or packets that are sent home. They will have work assigned in ELA, SS, Math, and a Special. Preschool will be a half day in the building. Dismissal will begin at 11:30.
Thanks again for all of your support, and have a great weekend!
- Personnel Update
- We are excited to announce Kelsey Illianowill be moving from 5th grade to teach Kindergarten next school year. She will join Ms. Moran, Mrs. Schwyter, and Mrs. Zarro.
- 1st Grade
- We will have 3 first grade classrooms with Mrs. Fife, Mrs. Duffner, and Ms. Leinheiser
- Crusader Dash – Update 4/23
- The SAS Moms Booster Club has started planning for the 3rd annual Crusader Dash scheduled for the week of May 24! This event has been a huge success in the past in large part to the wonderful St. Andrew Community and our community partners. This year, we are using funds raised to help support the purchase of new computers for our teachers. Look for more details regarding this Fun Run coming through class emails in early May.
- 21-22 Saint Andrew Calendar – Final Draft
- School Lunch Order Information
High School Information
- Nazareth Girls High School
- Conwell Egan
- Class of 2026 Walkthrough Wednesday
- Wednesday, May 5th, 2021
- 6-8 PM
- Conwell-Egan Catholic High School
- 611 Wistar Rd.
- Fairless Hills, PA 19030
- YOU MUST RSVP HERE TO ATTEND
- George School
- There is so much to learn about George School, which is why we wanted to share another digital resource highlighting recent George School news. Share this with any student, parent, or colleague who wants to know what George School is all about. And, please encourage them to register for a First Look at George School on Saturday, April 24 at 1:00 p.m. EDT. This virtual, conversational event is a great way to learn about the independent school admission process and life at George School.
- For even more information, please feel free to sign up for a virtual school visit with a member of our Admission team! We would love to meet you and your students over Zoom. Additionally, keep an eye out for Counselor Coffee Chats this fall, which will be a great way for us to connect even further. You can also check out our Virtual Visit Center or contact us directly at email@example.com. We are happy to help!
Community Information and Summer Camps
- Bucks County Medication Disposal Drop Flyer – Sat 4/24 10am-2pm
- K and up – Conwell Egan Summer Camps
- 2nd-9th grades Archbishop Wood Field Hockey Camp Flyer
- Interested in Acting or Theatre – Check out the flyer below
- Newtown Parks and Rec Camp Information
- Summer Bball Camps – Pure Skills – Coach Krasna
- Bucks County Camp EXPO
- New Date! CEC Test Prep Workshop – for current 7th graders/rising 8th graders June 21-25