Dear St. Andrew Parents,
I hope you had a great week! I’m sending this a night early so that I do not forget to send it tomorrow. First and foremost, we had over twenty 3rd graders last week receive their First Holy Communion. Our children looked great, were incredibly prepared and reverent as they received their First Holy Communion. We are incredibly proud of them! I would be remiss if I did not thank Cathy DeRico and her RE team for their work in preparing our students. We have a fantastic RE team! Also, thank you to our second and third grade teachers who played a major role in their preparation and to all the parents, grandparents, family, and friends who supported them along the way!
This Saturday is another special day as our 2nd grade students receive their First Holy Communion. Please keep them in your prayers.
As we move forward and plan a safe return to normalcy, we are seeing a greater need for our students to be around their friends in school. Next week we will begin a return to normal recess and will allow our 7th and 8th grade classes to mix cohorts while outside and at recess. 7th grade will play with 7th graders, and 8th grade will play with 8th graders as they are outside at different times. We have made this decision in consultation with our school leadership, the Bucks County Health Department, and OCE. We will continue to make sure the students are active and spaced when they are not moving around to help ensure safety and minimize any potential risk for exposure.
Please do not miss the book fair information, dress down fundraisers, a vaccination clinic for those 16 and up, and other pertinent information below.
Thanks again for all of your support, and have a great weekend!
- Today’s dress down money that was raised is going to Legacy of Life, a local crisis-pregnancy center, which recently suffered multiple break ins to their facility.
- Our last fundraising dress down will be on Friday, May 14, and it will support Shop with a Cop.
- Funds received from this dress down will be donated to the Newtown Police forces Shop with a Cop program. Every year the departments take students in need of Christmas shopping to buy gifts. Every year we have several Saint Andrew families participate. We would like to thank them for our support by supporting their program.
- Annual Spring Book Fair
- For our annual Spring Book Fair, Saint Andrew School is very happy and proud to again support a wonderful local business, the Newtown Bookshop!
- Our Spring Virtual Book Fair with the Newtown Bookshop will be for 2 weeks from Monday, May 24th to Sunday, June 6th! Families will be able to shop virtually at their convenience to purchase Saint Andrew Summer Reading books, gifts for graduates, Father’s Day gifts, and any other items for your reading pleasure! Many of our teachers will also be creating classroom wish lists if you wish to purchase an end-of-the-year teacher gift. A percentage of our orders will go back to support the Saint Andrew’s School Library. Detailed information and a link to our Book Fair website will be sent to families as the date gets closer. Please contact Mrs. Wikoff, Saint Andrew’s Librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
- Thank you all for your support for the Saint Andrew Library and the Newtown Bookshop!
- Grades 5-8 Saint Andrew Talent Show Information
- Crusader Dash – Update 4/23
- The SAS Moms Booster Club has started planning for the 3rd annual Crusader Dash scheduled for the week of May 24! This event has been a huge success in the past in large part to the wonderful St. Andrew Community and our community partners. This year, we are using funds raised to help support the purchase of new computers for our teachers. Look for more details regarding this Fun Run coming through class emails in early May.
- 21-22 Saint Andrew Calendar – Final Draft
- School Lunch Order Information
High School Information
- Holy Ghost Summer Course Flyer
- Nazareth Girls High School
- Conwell Egan
- Class of 2026 Walkthrough Wednesday
- Wednesday, May 5th, 2021
- 6-8 PM
- Conwell-Egan Catholic High School
- 611 Wistar Rd.
- Fairless Hills, PA 19030
- YOU MUST RSVP HERE TO ATTEND
- George School
- There is so much to learn about George School, which is why we wanted to share another digital resource highlighting recent George School news. Share this with any student, parent, or colleague who wants to know what George School is all about. And, please encourage them to register for a First Look at George School on Saturday, April 24 at 1:00 p.m. EDT. This virtual, conversational event is a great way to learn about the independent school admission process and life at George School.
- For even more information, please feel free to sign up for a virtual school visit with a member of our Admission team! We would love to meet you and your students over Zoom. Additionally, keep an eye out for Counselor Coffee Chats this fall, which will be a great way for us to connect even further. You can also check out our Virtual Visit Center or contact us directly at email@example.com. We are happy to help!
Community Information and Summer Camps
- Saturday Vaccine Clinic at Council Rock South For ANYBODY 16 & Up
Please see below regarding vaccines (Pfizer) being provided this Saturday at CRS by Village Shire Pharmacy. Any individual 16 or over is welcome to utilize the link to sign up for an appointment.
In addition to students, the pharmacy will provide the vaccination to any friends or family members over the age of 16 interesting in getting the vaccine.
- Appointments will be open for this Saturday, May 1 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM at Council Rock High School South.
- Participants need to be available for a second dosage in 21 days (May 22).
- These vaccinations will be available whether you are insured or uninsured.
- A parent will need to sign granting permission on the appointment scheduling link (below) for anyone under the age of 18.
- Appointment slots are limited so please schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
- This will take place at Council Rock South.
- Please make note of documents noted within the link that are required. Without them, the vaccine cannot be administered. EVERYONE MUST BRING ID.
In order to schedule a vaccination, please access this link provided by the pharmacy: https://form.jotform.com/211154566462151
For questions about this vaccine clinic, please contact Donna Dolan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-9441065.
- Nurturing your Family Workshop Series Flyer
- We hope you enjoyed the St. Andrew Home & School Quality Time workshop last week and are beginning to implement the tips and insights you learned with us.
- If you are excited to experience and learn more ways to enrich your family, we are offering an intimate 4-part interactive series on Nurturing Your Family.
- This workshop series will deliver critical yet simple skills to support your marriage and family; deepening your connections via smaller, more intimate groups. With limited seating per session and the overwhelming interest, we have created 2 tracks to accommodate the demand. (Please see the attached flyer)
- The Early Bird discount will automatically be applied through April 30 when you follow either the QR Code or the link.
- We hope you decide to join our supportive and informative community as we learn and grow together in nurturing marriage and family!
- K-12 Gwynedd Mercy Summer Camps
- K and up – Conwell Egan Summer Camps
- 2nd-9th grades Archbishop Wood Field Hockey Camp Flyer
- Interested in Acting or Theatre – Check out the flyer below
- Newtown Parks and Rec Camp Information
- Summer Bball Camps – Pure Skills – Coach Krasna
- Bucks County Camp EXPO
- New Date! CEC Test Prep Workshop – for current 7th graders/rising 8th graders June 21-25