Dear St. Andrew Parents,
I hope you had a great week! It is hard to believe that our preschool and kindergarten students j finished up their last day of school today, and our 1-8 students only have 3 and a half days left. On Tuesday, we will be celebrating our 8th graders at our Graduation Mass, and on Wednesday we will have our Graduation Dance for our 7th and 8th grade students. We would not be here without such a great community of teachers, students, and parents! Thank you all for working with us through this school year!
Next Friday will be the last Friday News for a while, but we are still only an email away if you need anything. Mrs. Wagner and I will be working through the summer to prepare for next year and a return to normal education while looking for ways to make Saint Andrew an even better educational environment. We will be diving deeper into our testing data, curriculum, and instructional practices. Another piece of this evaluation will be gathering and looking into feedback from our stakeholders. In next week’s Friday News, we will send out a survey to all of you for feedback. We also have been talking to and surveying our older students and will survey our staff to look for areas of improvement. Thanks in advance for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback.
Last week, we announced our winners of the Class Art Project Raffle. It was a great success! Special thanks to Mrs. DeGraw for her work in creating the pieces from student artwork and making sure they found a nice home. Also, thanks to the Moms’ Booster Club and Home and School for helping her with this idea and some costs.
CYO Registration has been extended and is still open for fall sports. Boys 5th-8th grade and 3rd-4th grade girls are especially in need of a few more players to make up the soccer teams. The final evaluation for soccer will be Monday night. See the CYO website for more details and to register. http://standrew.website.sportssignup.com/soccer
Yearbooks can still be purchased for $35 by check to Saint Andrew School. Please send to Mrs. Weaver’s attention with the child’s name, grade, and section in the memo of the check.
Please see the information below for more school and community information.
- CARES – The last day of CARES will be Wednesday, June 9th.
- Check out our student newspaper The Post here
- Soiree Thank You Flyer
- Please take a moment to thank the people who helped us raise over $30,000 dollars with the Soiree.
- Medication pick up from the Nurse’s office
- Please plan to pick up 12:30-3:30 on Thursday June 10 from the Nurse’s office.
- Please complete this form if you need to pick up medicine so that we may be as efficient as possible
- Any Medicine not picked up will be disposed of this summer.
- Annual Spring Book Fair – Ends this weekend, June 6th.
- Skip the lines this summer. This year we are again offering the back to school pre-packaged supply kits for grades 1-8 for the 2021/2022 school year! The preordered kits will be delivered directly to school and will be on your child’s desk on the first day of school.
- Preschool and Kindergarten do not need to purchase back to school supplies**
- The Sikora family ordered in less than 3 minutes and saved a ton of time and stress.
- Important note for soon to be 2nd, 5th and 6th grade families!!
- 2nd grade kit does not include the below 2 items and will need to be purchased separately:
- 1 Beginner Bible (https://www.amazon.com/Beginners-Bible-Timeless-Childrens-Stories/dp/0310709628)
- 1 Stackable bins (https://www.amazon.com/Stackable-Classroom-Organization-Containers-Organizing/dp/B07G5W4LLX )
- 5th grade and 6th grade kit does not include the below item and will need to be purchased separately:
- 1 Chair Sak/Pocket for books which may be purchased at chairpockets.net or www.happinappi.com. Please make sure it is denim material so it will last through the years to come.
- School Lunch Order Information
High School Information
- No new information this week.
Community Information and Summer Camps
- Camp Invention Flyer
- Unlock your child’s potential at Camp Invention®! This nationally acclaimed K-6 program comes to Maureen S. Welch Elementary School from June 29 to July 2 and offers all-new hands-on STEM challenges. Call to register 800-968-4332! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information. campinvention.org
- Notre Dame High School Summer Camp Flyer
- 3-8 Archbishop Wood Boys Basketball Camp
- 1-4 Summer Tutoring with Mrs. Juhas
- 1-5 Summer Tutoring with Ms. McBride
- Nurturing your Family Workshop Series Flyer
- Holy Ghost Summer Course Flyer
- Nazareth Girls High School
- K-12 Gwynedd Mercy Summer Camps
- K and up – Conwell Egan Summer Camps
- 2nd-9th grades Archbishop Wood Field Hockey Camp Flyer
- Interested in Acting or Theatre – Check out the flyer below
- Newtown Parks and Rec Camp Information
- Summer Bball Camps – Pure Skills – Coach Krasna
- Rising Stock and Multi Day Camps – Coach Stock
- Bucks County Camp EXPO
- New Date! CEC Test Prep Workshop – for current 7th graders/rising 8th graders July 26th