Dear St. Andrew Parents,
I hope you had a great week. What a day today was! We had 5 CR busses with no drivers this morning and 3 busses consolidated this afternoon. We appreciate your patience in dealing with the added traffic that comes with this. That is well over another 100 cars. If you have a kindergartner and switched lanes last week and want to return to the back lane for school pick up, you may do so, but please just make sure your kids are aware. It may be quicker due to our ongoing bus issues and need for more parents at pick up. Also, almost all of our kids are picked up by 3:10 on a normal basis. If you are a parent of a 4th-8th grader and you would like to pick up, you may arrive around 3:10 to shorten your experience in any line.
This week we practiced our first school wide fire drill in over a year and a half. Our students and staff did a great job! Special thanks to our Fire Department for helping us review. Next week we will be reviewing our Intruder Drill school wide. In the first week, each teacher reviewed what to do with their individual classes in an age appropriate way. This week we will review as a school and the Police to make sure we are following all best practices. We are blessed to be located so close to emergency personnel and have great security features, but we do not want to take that for granted and will be practicing to ensure there are no areas that we need to reevaluate further. Please feel free to talk to your children about the drills, and let me know if you have any questions.
In other news there is a nationwide tik tok challenge going on encouraging students to destroy school property in their schools. We have great kids and have not experienced any of these issues to date, but we have been made aware of many local schools that are facing this issue. We hope and pray our students continue to be respectful and use great judgement in and out of the school. However, I do think it is worth mentioning that this is something that Saint Andrew will not tolerate. Most importantly, may this serve as a reminder to have family discussions regarding social media use and what our children are watching and sometimes being encouraged to participate in.
Be sure to check out the Spirit Wear Sale if you have not. There is some great gear in there for students and parents. I love the Nike Polo I bought last year.
I will be off campus the second half of next week with limited access to email so if you have any questions or pressing issues please contact our Vice Principal, Mrs. Wagner.
As always, there is some new information to share below as well as a few repeat messages lower in the letter. Please note the return of the week ahead section, community information, and high school information for those in 7th and 8th grades.
- Saint Andrew School Spirit Wear Store is now available online for a limited time!
- Free Covid testing for any of our students exhibiting symptoms at The Bucks County IU (Doylestown). Appointments are required. Please see the flyer below for more information.
- Please Pack Spare Masks – We have a limited supply for emergencies when they are forgotten. If you can make sure your child (PK-8) always has 1-2 extra masks in their bags. This is even more important for our younger students.
- CR Bus Tracking is now available
- If you would like this information, please call our front office at 215-968-2685 starting Tuesday of next week between 8:30 and 2:30pm.
- Bus Consolidation Opt Out Form
- Some days we have had 2 busses/routes consolidated into one bus at the last minute. This can cause some students to be extremely late as their bus route is not run until the original route is run. If you have flexibility and can pick up your child and prefer to do that if a bus is consolidated, please complete the form above. You will know the bus is consolidated via an automated message. That will be your que to come and pick up your child(ren). If this needs to change down the road, just let us know, and we can add or delete your family.
- Dress Code
- Boys Shoes – should be dress shoes and not tennis shoes unless it is gym day.
- Pennsbury Transportation Notice
- Artsonia Online Art Gallery – Click for more information and to give us permission.
- Store your children’s artwork electronically
- Welcome Video from Archbishop Perez
- Home and School Events Year at a Glance
- Prayer Family Information
- Every day three different families are assigned, alphabetically, to pray in the chapel with Mrs. Matteo right after prayers and announcements. The children are asked for whom they would like to say prayers. Prayers of thanks and special intentions are solicited. It is a special time with the Lord. This year, each student will receive a booklet “Clare of Assisi The Anchored Soul” by Gloria Hutchinson. This pamphlet was a gift from the Poor Clare Sisters. Full of stories and prayers, please enjoy this special gift with your family.
- EITC – Using your taxes for Catholic Schools
- Ask it at Saint Andrew will be monitored during the summer if you have any questions.
- Upcoming Ask It Office Hours
- Have a question? Now is the time to Ask It! Veteran parents will be on hand during our upcoming Office Hours.
- Sessions per grade range noted below, but feel free to attend on the day that is most convenient for your schedule.
- Look forward to talking with you!
- CYO NEWS
- St Andrew Cross Country registration will remain open until Monday, September 20th. If you are in 3rd-8th grade and still looking for an outdoor fall activity Cross Country is ready for you! The team practices in Tyler State Park and the meets are held Sunday afternoons at Belmont Plateau. Register to run today!
Save the Date – Upcoming School Events
- No Major Events
- No Major Events
- No Major Events
- No Major Events
- 7th Grade Mass at 10AM in the gym.
- Preschool Playdate at the Preschool and Kindergarten playgrounds 4:00-5:30pm.
- Other Future Dates
- High School Information Night for 7th and 8th Grade – September 30
- 7/8 Dance – October 1
- Free Uniform Event – October 12
- Home and School General Meeting – October 14
- Trunk or Treat – October 23
After School Programs
- K-5 After School Art Adventure
- 7-8 Art Club Flyer
- “Health to Go: Oh, the Places You’ll Grow…” & 5 Nutritious Snacks to Pack for Back to School!
- Saint Andrew Church Children’s Choir (Different from the School Choir)
- NAESP Quick Read _The Rewards of Reading
- NAESP Vaping Epidemic
- Acting Naturally Fall 2021 Flyer
High School Information
- Villa Joseph Marie Information
- 8th Grade Parents Night Out – ArchBishop Wood Information
- Martin Saints Classical HS Information
- Open Houses
- October 19th
- November 10th
- January 30th
- February 17th
- March 14th
- 8th Grade Visitation Day
- November 16th
- 7th Grade Visitation Day
- March 29th
- Advent Lessons & Carols
- December 16th
- Evening of the Arts
- May 19th
- Open Houses