Dear St. Andrew Parents,
How about this beautiful October weather! I hope you are able to get outside and enjoy it with your family. Next week starts our first Halloween candy drive and anticipation for Trunk or Treat.
While the weather has been great here, we know it will not last forever, and we hope we still have a couple of months until winter weather. However, we want to be sure we are as prepared as possible for any weather or possible early dismissals. If you did not complete this emergency form earlier in the year, please do so now. If you do not complete this form your children will ride their assigned bus home in the event of an emergency closing. If you are unsure if you completed this or not, please complete it, and we will erase duplicates. We do not want a child to arrive home without parents or a guardian present. Please remember that we have students from many different districts and could have busses showing up at 5 different times to pick up students if the weather does turn for the worse. We must be able to communicate with each district and in some cases each bus. We can not manage this while also managing 100-500 calls from parents. Also, please do not listen to your child if they call or text (which they should not do) and they tell you everyone is leaving. This is not true until the parents believe it and start coming early to pick up (Insert Smiley Emoji). We will send home phone and email communications to let you know if everyone is or needs to leave.
Have a great weekend!
- Winter Uniforms begin Monday, November 1, 2021. This means:
- No more gym shorts–now they are to wear sweatpants.
- No more t-shirts for gym. Students may wear their t-shirts under their sweatshirts.
- The girls may no longer wear anklets or white socks. All girls should be wearing navy blue knee socks or navy blue tights.
- Boys may not wear shorts. All boys must wear grey dress slacks.
- All students must wear sweaters.
- For complete details on the school uniform, click here.
- Picture retakes will be on Monday, November 15.
- Students who were absent on the original picture day should bring in their original form if they would like to order pictures.
- Students who are not satisfied with their portraits will be able to take a retake. Students must bring their original portrait packages for return to get new pictures with no additional cost.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Parent-Teacher Conferences will be conducted on Thursday, November 4, 2021 from 1:00-8:00 PM and Friday, November 5, 2021 from 8:00 a.m. until 12pm. Conferences will be held in person.
- The sign-up genius for conferences will be available starting on October 25, 2021. The last day to sign up will be on November 1, 2021.
- Thanks and Small Donation
- Special thanks to our FUN team and Mrs. Buls for organizing our uniform event this week. In an effort to thin our surplus and to give back to those in need, we were able to donate 6 large bags of gray slacks and plaid jumpers to Saint Barnabas School in Southwest Philadelphia, who wear the same slacks and jumpers. Thank you to Mr. Matteo for delivering them.
- Lego Club needs Legos
- If you have old Legos that you are looking to get rid of and are still in good shape, please email Mrs. Geonnotti at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christmas Festival
- If you are interested in helping with our Christmas Festival, please email Mrs. Young at email@example.com.
Repeat School Information
- Congratulations from the U.S. Secretary of Education
- Congratulations Letter from Archbishop Perez to the Saint Andrew Community
- Saint Andrew School named a 2021 Blue Ribbon School
- October Lunch Menu (1-8)
- October Lunch Menu (PK)
- Free Covid Testing at Bucks County IU Extended Hours and Flyer
- The Saint Andrew branch of the First National Bank of Newtown will be open every Wednesday from 8:30-12pm.
- Information regarding setting up an account can be found here.
- Gospel Message of the Week
- The goal of the Gospel Message of the week is to drive more conversations in our homes around Mass and our faith. For those families that are not Catholic, we still ask that you discuss this week’s Gospel Message with your family so that your children are prepared for class and may learn more about the Catholic faith.
- We’ve listened to your suggestions and taken them under advisement. We have changed the Gospel Message of the Week to make it more meaningful for all stakeholders. The students will still have to answer three questions, but now they will have a choice of six different questions. They only need to select three!
- What was the message of this week’s Gospel Reading?
- What was the message of the homily about this Gospel?
- How does this pertain to my life and how can I live this message?
- What stood out to you?
- What did you learn?
- What is something new that you heard?
- No Super Dollars/Scrip will be sold the week of October 18th.
- Mother of Mercy Coat Drive Flyer – Now to 10/28.
- A collection box will be stored in the front of the school. They are looking for new jackets.
- Ask it at Saint Andrew will be monitored if you have any questions.
Save the Date – Upcoming School Events
- Band Practice
- Candy Collection in Homeroom
- First National Bank is Open!
- Mount St. Joseph visits 7th and 8th grade girls
- Candy Collections in Homeroom
- 4th Grade Mass 10am in the Marian Room
- Trunk or Treat 4-8pm
- Other Future Dates
- Parent-Teacher Conferences November 4 and 5
- No School for Preschool or Kindergarten either day.
- November 4th Asynchronous day at home for grades 1-8.
- Work assigned in major content areas, not Specials.
- November 5th No School for 1-8.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences November 4 and 5
After School Programs
- Attention 5th & 6th Graders! Do you like to read? Would you like to compete with others in regards to good books that you have read? Then consider joining the 5th & 6th Grade Reading Olympics team. Please reach out to Mrs. Hoffman (RHoffman@standrewcec.com) for information about the Reading Olympics team, a permission form, and the list of books for this school year.
- Rosary Club Grades 1-8
- Fall Book Club Grades 3 & 4
- 7-8 Art Club Flyer
- “Health to Go: Oh, the Places You’ll Grow…” & 5 Nutritious Snacks to Pack for Back to School!
*These are not Saint Andrew Events and do not follow our Clearance policy but generally are shared by parishioners or members of our community and may be something you are looking for your children and/or family.
- 1-8 Kitchen Wizzard Virtual Cooking Class
- Dance for Jay Fundraiser
- Villa Joeseph Marie High School Play
High School Information
- Archbishop Ryan
- Villa Joseph Marie Information
- Holy Ghost Prep Events
- Martin Saints Classical HS Information