Dear St. Andrew Parents,
I hope you had a great short week! I’m sending this a little early as we will be in Washington D.C. for our Blue Ribbon Conference and Ceremony. A reminder that Parent-Teacher Conferences are tomorrow and Friday. If for some reason you can not make your scheduled time, please email the teacher to let them know or call the front office at 215-968-2685. Tomorrow our 1st-8th grade students have an asynchronous learning day, and work has either been sent home via work packets and/or is shared through Google Classroom. No work is sent home for Specials. We hope that you have an opportunity to enjoy some family time with your children through the longer weekend.
If you missed an email from your homeroom parent or simply forgot and would like to contribute to the teacher gift collection and haven’t already done so, please visit this link. This link will close this weekend.
Next weekend many of our 7th graders will be receiving their Confirmation. We are excited and proud of them. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
School information and repeat school information can be found below as well as a link in the community section to the only vaccine registration information that was sent our way for those that are interested.
Thanks, and have a wonderful weekend!
- Monitoring Sick Children
- If your child is sick or exhibiting symptoms of a cold, the flu, and/or Covid, please keep them home from school. You can use this sheet to help you make decisions on if they are sick. If they were out sick and returned to school but still have some symptoms present such as a cough, runny nose, etc., please send in a doctor’s note with them clearing them to return. Thank you.
Repeat School Information
- 1-8 November Lunch Menu
- PreK November Lunch Menu
- Picture retakes will be on Monday, November 15.
- Students who were absent on the original picture day should bring in their original form if they would like to order pictures
- Students who are not satisfied with their portraits will also be taken. Students must bring their original portrait packages for return to get new pictures with no additional cost
- All School Liturgy
- In an effort to include as many students as possible in our school liturgies, we need to limit attendance to only parents of those who are reading or part of the Ministry Team. Students in grades 6-8 will always attend while K,2,4 and 1,3,5 will rotate liturgies until we are able to sit the entire K-8 in the gym together. Parents are still welcome to attend Class Masses in the Marian Room. Thank you for your understanding.
- CARES Thanksgiving week
- On Wednesday, November 24, we have a 1/2 day of school.
- AM CARES will operate as normal.
- PM CARES will end at 3:30 PM on 11/24.
- Please provide your child with a packed lunch and drink on this day as lunch is not provided at school that day
- There is no school on Thursday, November 25 and Friday, November 26 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- The Month of All Souls, November
- Every year we dedicate a bulletin board to our dearly departed loved ones. If you would like to send in a photo of a deceased family member or friend, we will be happy to include it. It does not have to be someone who died recently. If you would like the picture back, be sure to put your child’s name, grade and section on the back. Please send the picture to the attention of Mrs. Matteo or email her at email@example.com.
- Vaccination Update from Dr. Damsker and BCHD
- The FDA approved the Pfizer vaccine for the 5-11 age group on Tuesday, October 26. The CDC/ACIP is meeting to consider that decision on November 2 and 3. We anticipate the vaccine being available and ready for kids ages 5 to 11 beginning on Thursday, November 4.
- BCHD fully recommends that all eligible children in the 5 to 11 age group be vaccinated when the vaccine becomes available. It is the best tool available to allow reduction of other forms of mitigation.
- As we have information on any vaccination clinics, we will share it in the Friday News for those that are interested.
- Book Fair Information
- Christmas Festival – Save the Date
- Congratulations from the U.S. Secretary of Education
- Congratulations Letter from Archbishop Perez to the Saint Andrew Community
- Saint Andrew School named a 2021 Blue Ribbon School
- Ask it at Saint Andrew will be monitored if you have any questions.
Save the Date – Upcoming School Events
- Thursday 11/4
- Asynchronous Day at Home for Grades 1-8
- No School for Preschool and Kindergarten
- Parent-Teacher Conferences 1-8pm
- Friday 11/5
- No School for PK-8
- Parent-Teacher Conferences 8-12pm
- Monday 11/8
- Book Fair
- 7A Confirmation Practice 6:00PM Main Church
- Home and School Virtual @ 8:15
- Tuesday 11/9
- Book Fair
- 7B Confirmation Practice 6:00PM Main Church
- Wednesday 11/10
- Book Fair
- First National Bank is open from 8:30-12pm.
- 7C Confirmation Practice 6:00PM Main Church
- Thursday 11/11
- Book Fair
- Friday 11/12
- Book Fair
- 7th Grade Early Dismissal at 12:30PM
- 7A Confirmation 4:00PM Main Church
- Saturday 11/13
- 7B Confirmation 9:30AM Main Church
- 7C Confirmation 1:00PM Main Church
After School Programs
- Fall Book Club Grades 3 & 4
- “Health to Go: Oh, the Places You’ll Grow…” & 5 Nutritious Snacks to Pack for Back to School!
*These are not Saint Andrew Events and do not follow our Clearance policy but generally are shared by parishioners or members of our community and may be something you are looking for your children and/or family.
- Pop, Drop, Shop with Mrs. DeGraw – 12/7
- Children 5-12 Vaccination Clinic through Hatboro Pediatrics
- 24 Hour PCR Covid Test Option
- Free Covid Testing at Bucks County IU Extended Hours and Flyer
- Villa Joe Play November 11-14
High School Information