Dear St. Andrew Parents,
Hope you had a great week. We are now hitting the middle of December and had our first cold morning this week. Please remember to send your children in jackets and consider hats and gloves. We try to get outside for recess as much as possible even if it drops in the 30’s or even the upper 20’s. If we have temperatures that are forecasted to be below 30 all day, we will send out emails and phone calls that gym uniforms will be allowed due to the weather. Also, if we ever have a delayed opening due to weather, gym uniforms are allowed.
We also are in need of some part-time positions at SAS. Some could even be staffed by a responsible High School or College Student.
- For our after-school program, CARES, we need help from 2:30-6:00. Hours and days are flexible. If you are interested or you have an older child that you think might enjoy this experience or need some extra money, please have them email Laura Rieder at Lrieder@standrewcec.com.
- Substitutes – If you have a flexible schedule or occasionally could sub, please reach out to Judy Weaver at Jweaver@standrewcec.com.
- Recess Aid Substitutes to help with recess 10:45-1:45. Some days are cold so if you love the cold and to watch children play this job could be for you.
Thanks for considering or passing this information on to anyone that might be interested.
Re-enrollment for next school year will start in Mid January for our current preschool and elementary school students as well as any new siblings. We will follow the same process that we did last year. After we are able to calculate our numbers and after our Catholic Schools Week Open House, we will open registration to new families. Please let any families you know that may have an interest in Saint Andrew about our Open House on Sunday, January 30th from 12-2pm and to get in applications shortly thereafter.
- Winning number for Gold Jericho from Santa Secret Shop: 8462975
- Please contact Mrs. Cowen at (215) 933-8350.
- 8th Grade Scholarship update
- As of December 8, 18 eighth graders have been awarded 25 scholarships to 6 high schools: Archbishop Wood, Conwell-Egan Catholic, Holy Ghost Prep, Mount Saint Joseph Academy, Nazareth Academy and Villa Joseph Marie for a grand total of $435,700!
- If your child has received a scholarship that we are not aware of, please email Jweaver@standrewcec.com.
- Pretzels are back.
- Saint Andrew Catholic School Great Ideas for Christmas Gifts. The following items are for sale:
- Stemmed 8 ounce wine glasses and stemless 9 ounce wine glasses with the Saint Andrew Catholic School logo: $5.00 each or 5 for $20.00.
- Aprons with the Saint Andrew Catholic School logo: adult size $15.00; child size $10.00
- Click here for a picture of the items.
- Limited quantities available. Cash and checks (payable to Saint Andrew Catholic School) accepted. Pickup at the school.
- For more information or to order, contact Mrs. Matteo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Aramark Information
- Aramark no longer accepts payments at school. Please visit the online pre-payment system at www.payschoolscentral.com to add to your child’s account.
- Please monitor your child’s account and what is purchased as we have noticed some items being purchased and thrown out or lunch from home is thrown out.
- If we see this we address it but sometimes we do not notice it until it is in the trash.
- In some cases we think they go to purchase lunch after throwing away their lunch from home.
- This message is for those that took part in the initial Covid-19 vaccine clinic for students ages 5-12 held at Newtown Elementary on November 20.
- Just a friendly reminder that your second dose is this Saturday, December 11 at the same time as your first dose.
- If you need to change or cancel your appointment or have a question, please contact Donna Dolan at email@example.com
Repeat School Information
- 1-8 December Lunch Menu
- Preschool & Kindergarten Lunch Menu
- First Edition 2021-2022 of the School Newspaper: The Post
- Important Morning Arrival Information
- Please do not let your children out of the car prior to a staff member arriving to work the crosswalk. A staff member will be outside at 7:50 when the doors open. Busses are pulling in, and this could create a severe safety issue.
- We will use the bus lane more often to get cars off of the street, so please look to Mr. Sanchez for direction.
- Diaper Drive
- Saint Andrew will again be collecting diapers and wipes during Advent. We will start the collection on Monday, November 29, and it will finish on 12/20. All Diapers and wipes will be donated to Catholic Social Services in Levittown.
- Lost and Found
- Now that it is colder many students are losing or leaving behind sweaters and jackets. Almost all of them are missing names or labels. Please write your child’s name in their sweaters, jackets, lunchboxes, etc. If it has a name in it, we will return it; otherwise, it may sit in the lost and found and then go into the uniform swap.
- Christmas and Birthday Card Collection for Art Recycling Project Flyer
- Ask it at Saint Andrew will be monitored if you have any questions.
Save the Date – Upcoming School Events
- Monday 12/13
- Home and School Board Meeting 8:15pm Virtually
- Tuesday 12/14
- Confessions at the Main Church start at 6:30PM
- Wednesday 12/15
- First National Bank Open from 8:30-12pm.
- Thursday 12/14
- Friday 12/15
- Pretzel Day
- Grade 2 Mass 10AM Marian Room
*These are not Saint Andrew School Events and do not follow our Clearance policy but generally are shared by parishioners or members of our community and may be something you are looking for your children and/or family.
- Saint Andrew Church Christmas Concert 12/17 at 7:30
- March for Life in Washington DC with other members of the Saint Andrew Parish Community
- Acting Naturally – Winter Options
Repeat Community Information
- A new STEAM Lab has been created for the children of Bucks County and provided by the Bucks County Intermediate Unit
- Click above for more information or to register
- Children 5-12 Vaccination Clinic through Hatboro Pediatrics
- 24 Hour PCR Covid Test Option
- Free Covid Testing at Bucks County IU Extended Hours and Flyer
High School Information
- 8th Holy Ghost
- Entrance exam on Sunday, December 12.
- They can register by going to www.thinkghost.org