Dear St. Andrew Parents,
I hope you all had a wonderful week. It is hard to believe that we are halfway through the third trimester. There are many events coming up as we begin to wrap up the year. One of the events is our First Holy Communion for our second graders. Please keep them in your prayers as they receive the Eucharist for the first time today!
Also, if you do not have plans next Friday night, please consider cheering on and supporting teachers everywhere including our own Miss Peggy Whelan at the Phillies ballpark. Miss Whelan will be one of 10 “All-Star” teachers recognized by the Phillies. To honor her and all of our great teachers we are asking our students to wear Phillies shirts or red on Friday, May 6.
Saint A tip of the week:
- Every Friday moving forward, students may wear their Blue Ribbon T-Shirt with their school uniform shorts, pants, skorts, jumpers. This Friday they may wear the shirts or their Phillies gear/red (see above).
Have a great weekend!
- May Lunch Menus
- We would like to thank Newtown PD for coming out to Saint Andrew and for working with our 6th grade students through their TEAM Program.
- Two officers over the course of eight weeks spoke to the students regarding the dangers of alcohol and drugs, including prescription drug use. Other topics included cyberbullying and the effects of it, internet use, gun and fire safety.
- The students received certificates this week, and Officer Ferraro and Officer Turpyn were thrilled to be able to hand them out.
- Each homeroom had a class representative who gave a mini speech regarding the most important and inspirational things he or she learned in TEAM. We thank the police officers who gave some much devotion, time and effort to the students!
Repeat School Information
- 22-23 Saint Andrew CEC Tentative Calendar – 1 edit below
- One revision was made to add a county wide professional development day/student holiday on October 17.
- Mother’s Day Soiree Information
- Saint Andrew Annual Art Gallery Information
- A time to come visit and see your children’s artwork.
- Most children will have 2 to 3 pieces displayed by their classroom.
- Ink Recycling Program
- The final collection and distribution of gym Dress Down passes for the ink recycling program will be May 13, 2022. Please send in all ink cartridges prior to this date in order to receive a gym Dress Down pass which can be used this year. Every four ink cartridges will allow you to receive one DD pass.
- Mother/Son Event – Trenton Thunder baseball game Flyer
- June 11 at 6:30PM
- Saint Andrew Choir also will be performing the evening of June 11 at the game, and there will be fireworks after the game!
Save the Date – Upcoming School Events
- Monday, 5/2
- Start of Teacher Appreciation Week
- Tuesday, 5/3
- Volunteer Tea at 8:45 in the cafeteria
- Confession at the Main Church 6:30PM
- Wednesday, 5/4
- First National Bank Open
- Fathers’ Committee Meeting at Sycamore Grill, 7:30 PM
- Thursday, 5/5
- No Major Events
- Friday, 5/6
- 4th Grade Field Trip to Churchville Nature Center
- 6th Grade Field Trip to Snipes Farm
- Class Mass for Grades 2 and 3 10AM Marian Room
- Teacher Appreciation Night w/ the Phillies – Our own Teacher Miss Peggy Whelan is being recognized as an “All-Star” Teacher!
- Mother’s Day Soiree for St. A
- Saturday, 5/7 & Sunday, 5/8
- Mother’s Day Soiree for St. A
- In 2022, Saint Andrew Parish is reinvigorating our teen ministry! To kick things off, we are inviting all 6th – 12th graders and their families to a series of Youth Ministry Breakfast Clubs on Sunday mornings: after the 9am Mass on May 1, and after the 10:30am Mass on June 5. Join us in the Parish Meeting Room below the Rectory!
- All teens and their families are welcome to stop by to hangout, grab a breakfast snack, and meet new friends! Questions? Reach out to Suso Platero at: email@example.com!
*Community Info / Summer Information
*These are not Saint Andrew School Events and do not follow our Clearance policy but generally are shared by parishioners or members of our community and may be something you are looking for your children and/or family.
High School Information