Dear St. Andrew Parents,
I hope you had a great week! Today our second through seventh graders were sent home with their Terra Nova score reports and some basic instructions on how to read the data. Please grab it from their backpack before it gets lost and store it in a safe place after you look it over. We are very proud of our students! Please see the attached table to view how our students did in comparison to the Archdiocese and other Bucks County schools.
While we are proud of the scores, our students, teachers, and continued success on the Terra Nova, I would be remiss if I did not mention we are also proud of what they do every day. Earlier this week, our 3rd grade students performed two great Patriotic shows where they taught some of our younger students and our parents about influential Americans. Yesterday our 8th graders had a successful afternoon egg drop and today we were able to celebrate our 8th graders with a prayer service, portfolio party, and a picnic. Please keep our 8th graders in your prayers as we finish the year and prepare for graduation.
Last but not least, this Thursday, May 26th after school from 3:30-5:30 PM, there will be an open house for Mrs. Matteo. If you or anyone you know would like to stop by and say hello, thank you, or congratulations, please come by!
Please note the information below including: the Spring Concert and Art Gallery, Mother-Son Event, altar Servers Needed, changes to the Covid Health Plan regarding Quarantines, Spring Book Fair, and CR bussing issues.
Tip of the Week: Spirit Days
- Grades K-3: Spirit Day is Monday!
- Grades 4-8: Spirit Day is Wednesday!
- They should bring water bottles for fill-up stations, put sunscreen on in the morning before they leave home, any extra sunscreen, and a towel on their day!
Enjoy your weekend!
- Saint Andrew Annual Art Gallery Information
- A time to come visit and see your children’s artwork.
- Most children will have 2 to 3 pieces displayed by their classroom
- Our Spring Band and Chorus Concert will be held on Tuesday, May 24 at 6:30PM in the gym.
- Mother/Son Event – Trenton Thunder baseball game Flyer
- June 11 at 6:30PM
- Saint Andrew Choir also will be performing the evening of June 11 at the game, and there will be fireworks after the game!
- Order Your Tickets Here – Tomorrow, 5/21 is the last day to order.
- Altar Servers Needed!
- We are looking for young members of our parish who might be interested in becoming altar servers for our weekend and special masses at St. Andrew. If you are interested, please go to the parish website, standrewnewtown.com, click on the “Worship” tab, and select “Altar Server” for more information and to register your child for the next training session. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Updated Covid Health Policy to Finish the School Year
- Per BCHD recommendations schools should now begin the shift to treating Covid more similarly to other communicable viruses. Stating, “COVID is clearly not going away, and will remain a common, and chronic, communicable disease in our communities. While not an exact comparison, there are many characteristics analogous to influenza, including yearly ebbs and flows of cases, an effective vaccine that prevents the majority of severe cases, and medical treatment for symptomatic patients. COVID infections should be handled similarly to other conditions in existing school nursing policies.”
- Due to this recommendation, Saint Andrew will be moving away from our Safety Plan and guidelines implemented in February. The following are the most significant changes:
- Once a student has resolving symptoms and has been fever-free for 24 hours without medication, they should be able to return to school.
- Asymptomatic students, regardless of exposure, should not be sent home to quarantine.
- There will be no quarantine or masking requirements at school.
- Students and staff may continue to wear masks.
- Council Rock Bussing Message
- Recently, the District has engaged in an agreement with Durham Student Services, to act as its primary transportation provider. This agreement takes effect on August 1, 2022 and replaces the agreement with our current vendor, First Student.
- Additionally, we write to inform you that the District has been experiencing higher than normal transportation service interruptions. We continue to work with our current partner, First Student, to inform parents in a timely manner of any service interruption. Unfortunately, we anticipate that these interruptions will continue through the end of the 2021-22 school year. Our Council Rock transportation team works in real time with First Student to address driver absences and coverages to the best of their abilities and is committed to providing as much advance notice as possible in the event of a service interruption.
- Unfortunately, this means that we will have longer car lines and dismissal with each bus cancelled. When we receive notice we will send an email and a phone call to let you know.
- Memorial Day is now a 4-day weekend with the Archbishop Holiday. We have off 5/27 and 5/30.
- 8th Grade Scholarship News
- 32 students have earned 56 scholarships to 10 schools for a total of $843,300!
Repeat School Information
- Memorial Day is now a 4 day weekend with the Archbishop Holiday. We have off 5/27 and 5/30.
- May Lunch Menus
- For our annual Spring Bookfair, Saint Andrew School is very happy and proud to again support a wonderful local business, the Newtown Bookshop!
- Our Spring Virtual Book Fair with the Newtown Bookshop will be for 2 weeks from Sunday, May 22 to Sunday, June 5, 2022! Families will be able to shop virtually or in person at their convenience to purchase Saint Andrew Summer Reading books, gifts for Graduation, Birthdays, Father’s Day, and any other items for your reading pleasure! Many of our teachers will also be creating classroom wish lists if you wish to purchase an end-of-the-year teacher gift. A percentage of our orders will go back to support the Saint Andrew’s School Library. Detailed information and a link to our Book Fair website will be sent to families as the date gets closer. Please contact Mrs. Wikoff, Saint Andrew’s Librarian (email@example.com) with any questions.
- Thank you all for your support for the Saint Andrew’s Library and the Newtown Bookshop!
- Super Dollars
- Effective May 11, Super Dollar sales will return to the School on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:00 am until Noon.
- Summer hours, from June 24th through September 9th, will be Mondays and Wednesdays only from 9:00 am until Noon at the School.
Save the Date – Upcoming School Events
- Monday, 5/23
- Spirit Day for Grades PK-3
- Tuesday, 5/24
- Annual Art Gallery Walk 4:30-7PM
- Spring Concert 6:30PM Gym
- Confessions at Main Church at 6:30PM
- Wednesday, 5/25
- Spirit Day for Grades 4-8
- Thursday, 5/26
- All School Ascension Thursday Mass 10AM Gym
- Open House for Mrs. Matteo 3:30-5:30PM Marian Room
- Friday, 5/27
- No School
- Monday, 5/30
- No School
High School Information
- Holy Ghost Prep