Dear St. Andrew Parents,
Hope you had a great week! We were blessed to have beautiful weather and great spirit days and crusader dashes! Thank you to all who donated their time and money to help make it happen. The kids and teachers had a blast and could not have done it without you! Today at Mass and after Mass, we celebrated Mrs. Matteo and all she has done for Saint Andrew. We will miss her but were glad we were able to celebrate her with her family and her Saint Andrew Family in such a nice environment. Thank you to those who stopped by for Mass and/or for the reception.
Unfortunately, our nation suffered through more tragedy following the school attack in Uvalde, TX earlier this week. Please keep the families of those children and the Uvalde community in your prayers. We always welcome and thank our Police Department for all they do to support our schools and community; we also expect that they will be more visible after this senseless attack. Please also keep our PD and first responders everywhere in your prayers. For our school community, it is, unfortunately, a reminder that we must continue to review lockdown procedures with our staff and students as well as invest in our security measures. Please know that we will continue to work with our local PD in the creation, review, and implementation of all of our plans as well as invest in keeping our children safe. Additionally, we have counselors on campus if you believe your child would benefit from talking to someone here about it. Attached here is a flyer with links shared with us from the Bucks County IU with tips/recommendations to lead conversation regarding these terrible acts of violence.
The Archdiocese has asked that we share this flyer and to invite all of you to the opening Mass for the Eucharistic Revival on June 19. More details can be found here.
One small note, each student in grades K-8 received a “Health Report Card” in a sealed envelope today. They are required by the state for us to send home. At some point during the year, the nurse took the required measurements. They are not shared with anyone other than the parents. Please use them however you would like and understand they are working off averages and percentages. If you have concerns, please contact your doctor.
Reminder there is no school tomorrow Friday, May 27 or Monday, May 30. Enjoy your 4 day weekend!
Tip of the Week: Finals Information
- Students will be taking finals starting next week. Teachers will post exam dates on FACTS and/or Google Classroom. Please remember to study, get a good night’s sleep, and eat a healthy breakfast!
- Mothers Day Soiree Thank you!!!
- June Lunch Menu
- We will send the June Menu home as soon as we have it, sorry
Repeat School Information
- Altar Servers Needed!
- We are looking for young members of our parish who might be interested in becoming altar servers for our weekend and special masses at St. Andrew. If you are interested please go to the parish website, standrewnewtown.com, click on the “Worship” tab, and select “Altar Server” for more information and to register your child for the next training session. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Updated Covid Health Policy to Finish the School Year
- Per BCHD recommendations schools should now begin the shift to treating Covid more similarly to other communicable viruses. Stating, “COVID is clearly not going away, and will remain a common, and chronic, communicable disease in our communities. While not an exact comparison, there are many characteristics analogous to influenza, including yearly ebbs and flows of cases, an effective vaccine that prevents the majority of severe cases, and medical treatment for symptomatic patients. COVID infections should be handled similarly to other conditions in existing school nursing policies.”
- Due to this recommendation, Saint Andrew will be moving away from our Safety Plan and guidelines implemented in February. The following are the most significant changes:
- Once a student has resolving symptoms and has been fever-free for 24 hours without medication, they should be able to return to school.
- Asymptomatic students, regardless of exposure, should not be sent home to quarantine.
- There will be no quarantine or masking requirements at school.
- Students and staff may continue to wear masks.
- Council Rock Bussing Message
- Recently, the District has engaged in an agreement with Durham Student Services, to act as its primary transportation provider. This agreement takes effect on August 1, 2022 and replaces the agreement with our current vendor, First Student.
- Additionally, we write to inform you that the District has been experiencing higher than normal transportation service interruptions. We continue to work with our current partner, First Student, to inform parents in a timely manner of any service interruption. Unfortunately, we anticipate that these interruptions will continue through the end of the 2021-22 school year. Our Council Rock transportation team works in real time with First Student to address driver absences and coverages to the best of their abilities and is committed to providing as much advance notice as possible in the event of a service interruption.
- 8th Grade Scholarship News
- 32 students have earned 61 scholarships to 10 schools for a total of $848,300!
- May Lunch Menus
Save the Date – Upcoming School Events
- Monday, 5/30
- No School
- Tuesday, 5/31
- Talent Show
- Confessions at Main Church at 6:30PM
- Wednesday, 6/1
- Thursday, 6/2
- Friday, 6/3
- Last day of school for Preschool and Kindergarten
- 1st & 6th Grade Mass 10AM Marian Room
- Sunday, 6/5
- Graduation Dance
*Community Info / Summer Information
*These are not Saint Andrew School Events and do not follow our Clearance policy but generally are shared by parishioners or members of our community and may be something you are looking for your children and/or family.
High School Information
- Holy Ghost Prep