Dear St. Andrew Parents,
Hope you had a great week! Hard to believe we are three weeks into school. Please note we added a few more club flyers below and the Spirit Wear orders close tomorrow if you have not already ordered and want to place an order.
There is also information on the School Bank, FACTS, Moms Boosters, and CYO.
Next week we will have our first dress-down day of the year. All proceeds will go to Trish King to help pay for mounting medical expenses. Trish is one of our school assistants and a beloved member of our team. She is currently fighting Cancer. Whether you can donate or not please continue to keep her and her family in your prayers. The theme next Friday will be to support your favorite sports teams.
Have a great weekend!
- If you haven’t already logged onto FACTS, please do so and check your information (address, phone number, email, etc.) Please also update your emergency contacts in FACTS. Here is a cheat sheet to update the information.
- The Saint Andrew branch of the First National Bank of Newtown will open on September 28. It will be open every Wednesday from 8:30-12:00 PM. Start Saving!
- October Lunch Menu
- After School Activity Flyers and Information
- K-2 Stem Club w/ Ms. Leinheiser
- K-5 Art Adventure w/ Mrs. Degraw
- 1-3 Lego Club
- 1-5 Science Explorers w/ Mrs. Shadle and Ms. Crozier
- 1-8 Before School Monthly Rosary Club w/ Mrs. Duffner
- 3-4 Craft Club w/ Ms. Kalicki
- 3-5 Lower School Choir and 6-8 Upper School Choir Sign-ups w/ Ms. Wiltbank
- 4-6 Comic Book Club – Creating Comics with Ms. Illiano
- 5-6 Craft Club w/ Ms. Kalicki
- 5-8 Newspaper club starts Tuesday, September 27 from 3:15-4:00. Please reach out to Mrs. Plomchok for more information.
- 6-8 Creative Writing Club w/ Ms. Grundy
- 7-8 – Love to Read – Reading Olympics Flyer w/ multiple teachers
- 7-8 Scrabble Club w/ Mrs. Schuman
- 8th Yearbook Club w/ Ms. Bilello
- Calling all SAS moms! Come join the Moms’ Booster Club, an SAS organization dedicated to helping give back to our students, teachers, and school. Meetings are held the second Wednesday morning (8:30am) of every month. The Moms’ Booster Club will also be hosting social events and fundraising throughout the year.
- The first Moms’ Booster Club Meeting of the 2022- 2023 year will be held on Wednesday October 12 at 8:30am in the school cafeteria. Please consider joining us! It’s a great way to meet other moms, get involved, and have some fun!
- Spirit Wear Sale – We would like to thank all of those who supported the Moms’ Booster Club Fall Spirit Wear Sale. Spirit wear will be delivered and distributed to the SAS community in early October. The funds earned in that sale will directly support our staff and students. We anticipate holding another spirit wear sale in January 2023.
- If you have questions or would like to be added to our mailing list, contact us at email@example.com.
Repeat School Information
- Arrival/Dismissal – Both arrival and dismissal have improved greatly; thank you for reading the emails and listening.
- Preschool and K families please do not arrive until 2:30. We have younger students at recess and will have our barriers up which will push cars back to the road and create an unsafe environment.
- In the morning, we are moving arrival back to 7:50 for everyone; please do not arrive prior to 7:45. The early line blocks our staff from parking and creates congestion issues.
- Another potential issue to this is when buses cancel, we will back up due to the extra cars. We will ask those parents to come 3:05-3:10 if possible to alleviate some of the back up issues. Thanks again!
- Neshaminy – Bus tracking information will be sent home next week.
- CR – has worked out most problems other than some bus rides are an hour long. If your child’s bus ride is over an hour, please let me know.
- Pennsbury – Has made adjustments again to bus 27, and we hope that will be the correct fix.
- We are trying to work with CR and Pennsbury to provide bus tracking and communications to you directly when there are bus issues as well. To help facilitate this we would share information (they should have) such as email and phone numbers in one spreadsheet, so they could set information in their system. If you have an issue with this, please let me know by Monday, 9/19/22. Please know if you opt out of this that you would not be able to track buses when that is available and would receive later updates about buses being delayed or canceled.
- 2022 Fall Spirit Wear Flyer and Information
- Opens this weekend; most items can be worn on gym days.
- Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Lunch Menus
- September Lunch Menu
- For Kindergarten – the week of 9/12.
- Preschool 4’s still need to bring their lunch next week.
- Preschool and Kindergarten Lunch Menu starting 9/19/22
- September Lunch Menu
- EITC Tax Giving Information – Foundation for Catholic Education
- Monday, 9/26
- Tuesday, 9/27
- Wednesday, 9/28
- First National Bank is Open from 8:30-12pm.
- Villa Victoria visits 7th and 8th grade girls at recess
- Thursday, 9/29
- NJHS/Student Council Induction at 9:15AM in the gym
- La Salle visits 7th and 8th grade boys at recess
- High School Information Night from 6:30-8pm in the gym
- Friday, 9/30
- CYO WINTER SPORTS REGISTRATION CLOSES OCTOBER 1ST!!!!
- CYO Cheerleading
- Season begins late October.
- Cheer is open to girls 1st-5th grade that are members of the St Andrew Parish or attend St Andrew School!
- See website for more details and to register.
- CYO Basketball
- Season begins November 2nd.
- Basketball is open to boys and girls 2nd- 12th grade that are members of the St Andrew Parish or attend St Andrew School!
- See website for more details and to register.
- Children’s Liturgy: Calling all Volunteers!
- The Children’s Liturgy is back at St. Andrew’s Church every Sunday at the 9am Mass for children ages 4-8. Volunteers are needed to continue to help this ministry grow!
- Volunteers are asked to serve at one mass every 4-6 weeks. No prior experience is needed, and we are flexible! All volunteers must have current clearances. Our next Volunteer Meeting is Wednesday, 9/28 from 7-8p.m. at the Main Church. If you are interested in joining this ministry, please contact Jen Thompson at email@example.com. Thank you for your consideration!
*These are not Saint Andrew School Events and do not follow our clearance policy but generally are shared by parishioners or members of our community and may be something you are interested in for your children and/or family.
- 8th Grade Scholarship DLFF Foundation Opportunity – HS Class of 2027
- Are you a Patriot? 6-8 Scholarship opportunity through the VFW
- Volunteer with Senior Adults for Greater Education (SAGE)
- Council Rock North Women’s Basketball Clinic Flyer
- October 29 from 9-11AM
- Acting Naturally Flyer
High School Information
- Villa Victoria
- Saint Joe’s Prep Admissions information
- Holy Ghost Prep Admissions and Shadow Information
- FALL OPEN HOUSE -Sunday, October 23, 2022 – Click Here to Register
- 8TH ENTRANCE EXAM
- November 5, 2022, November 20, 2022, December 7, 2022
- CAMPUS TOURS
- To schedule a tour contact the admissions office: 215-639-0811 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8TH GRADE SHADOW DAYS
- Starting September 20, 2022 – Click Here to Schedule
- ADMISSIONS INFORMATION NIGHT
- Wednesday, September 28, 2022 – Click Here to Register
- BRING YOUR BROTHER TO SCHOOL DAY FOR CURRENT STUDENTS
- Wednesday, October 5, 2022 – Click Here to Register
- FINANCIAL AID PROGRAM
- Wednesday, October 12, 2022 – Click Here to Register
- Villa Joseph Marie
- Open House – https://www.vjmhs.org/admissions/openhouse
- 8th Grade Shadow Days – https://www.vjmhs.org/admissions/shadow
- 8th Grade Scholarship/Entrance Exams – https://www.vjmhs.org/admissions/8/test
- Application Date – https://www.vjmhs.org/admissions/admissionsprocess
- Tuesday, November 1, 2022 – Application due
- HSPT Prep – https://www.vjmhs.org/admissions/8/prep
- FATHER JUDGE HIGH SCHOOL – APPLICATION STEPS FOR 8TH GRADE STUDENTS
STEP ONE: Click on the blue link, Application Portal to start the Application Process. Once there, you can create an account, complete an application, and upload required documents listed on the portal.
STEP TWO: Register for the 8th Grade Scholarship Entrance Exam, (by clicking on the blue link), 8th Grade Scholarship Entrance Exam This test is mandatory for students applying to Father Judge High School.
STEP THREE: Apply for Facts Financial Aid & Tuition Assistance. The link to apply will be available on October 1, 2022.
Visit Father Judge High School during our Walkthrough Wednesday Events, which will give you and your son the opportunity to see the Father Judge campus. The link to register for the event will soon be available at www.fatherjudge.com You can also review more details regarding the Application Process by visiting www.fatherjudge.com and by clicking on the “Admissions” tab on the website. Please email email@example.com with any questions you may have.
- (7-8 Girls) Mount Saint Joseph Academy
Fall Open House – msjacad.org/openhouse
- Sunday, October 2, 2022
- 10:00AM – 1:00PM (9:00AM Mass)
Application Dates – msjacad.org/apply
- Friday, October 7, 2022 – Application deadline
- Friday, October 14, 2022 – Academic records and recommendations deadline
- Saturday, October 8, 2022 – 8:00AM
- Sunday, October 9, 2022 – 12:00PM
8th Grade Shadow Day Visits
- Begin September 19, 2022