Dear St. Andrew Parents,
Hope you had a great week! Thank you for your support of Trish King. We were able to write her a check for over $7,700 dollars. This includes over 3,700 from students and staff as well as a 3,000 and 1,000 matching donation. Please continue to keep Mrs. King in your prayers!
Next week Mrs. Wagner and I will be out part of Tuesday-Friday for our annual Principal Conference. We know the school will keep rolling because we have an amazing team. If you need to get a hold of us, please email. We will have limited access to email, but we will be checking email each day. We will also have staff helping in the office as well to handle administrative duties.
For student artwork, we have partnered with Artsonia for a free digital gallery. It is optional, but it is a great way to keep up with your child’s artwork. Click here for a permission slip and more information.
Student homework should be posted on FACTS. Not all work is posted in Google Classroom. Generally, digital work is visible in our older grades; however, there are assignments that are not created digitally that are passed out in class. To be sure what is due, please check FACTS not Google Classroom.
If you are interested in scheduling a teacher conference at the end of the month, please see below.
Have a great weekend!
- Calendar Planning Ahead. Remember students will not be in the building 3 days in October.
- Monday, October 17- Our teachers will have PD with all Bucks County Catholic School teachers at Our Lady of Good Counsel, and students have a holiday.
- October 27 and 28 are Teacher Conferences – sign ups are below. Please only sign up for one time period per teacher if you would like a conference. PK-4 only schedule a conference with the homeroom teacher. 5-8 are for homeroom and/or other content areas. For any specials classes or learning support, please reach out directly to the teacher to set up a conference time. If your child is doing well, please know there is not an expectation on our end that you schedule a conference. If a conference is absolutely needed, the teacher will reach out to you. Our specials teachers have over 600 students and other teachers have over 125 students; they can not possibly meet with every parent.
- Thursday, October 27
- Friday, October 28
- On October 27, we will have a half day of asynchronous learning and work will be sent home in packets or via Google Classroom for grades 1-8 to be completed in Math, ELA, Religion, Science, and/or SS. Teachers will have limited access to email in the morning prior to conferences starting.
- Preschool and Kindergarten may send home limited review or preview work.
- October 28 is a student holiday.
Repeat School Information
- Birthday Parties or Other Invitations
- Invitations should not be passed out at school unless it is done under teacher supervision. In this circumstance, all students in the class or all boys/girls should be invited. If your family is selectively inviting other students, we understand that. However, those invitations can not be passed out at school. As you can imagine, feelings are hurt, and it is a disruption to the learning environment. Thank you for your understanding, and if you have any questions, please let me know.
- Front Arrival and Dismissal Notes – Safety Concerns
- Please do not pull around cars or buses in either lane at arrival or dismissal
- Children should only exit and enter the right car door(s). Traffic is moving on the left, and it is not safe to walk around the cars. If need be, please rearrange the car seat.
- Front Car Lane Dismissal – Sometimes we will have a sub helping Mr. Sikora. This is usually Mrs. Weaver. Please have a card with your last name in your front window and stop to be sure she records your name for dismissal. If you drive by her, she will miss your name and your child will not be called, delaying the line.
- 1-8 parents: If you have to have a conversation with your children at drop off or they need a lot more help/time, please park in a parking spot and walk to the middle of the car lane and across.
- October Lunch Menu
- Financial Assistance at Saint Andrew
- If your family meets these guidelines, you are eligible to apply for Financial Aid at Saint Andrew and in the Archdiocese. Tuition Assistance is given based on a scaled system of need and money available. Please see the information below for the updated guidelines.
*For each additional dependent add $18,514. Each dependent does not have to attend Saint Andrew. They just must be claimed as a dependent.
- Most of the money is set aside for 1-8th grade, but there are limited amounts earmarked and available for Kindergarten and Preschool students.
- You can apply using the link below.
- Monday, 10/10
- Conwell-Egan visits 7th and 8th grade students at recess
- Tuesday, 10/11
- Orchestra Lessons
- Please share the schedule with your children. Mr. Mynyk will send an email directly to parents.
- Orchestra Lessons
- Wednesday, 10/12
- First National Bank is Open from 8:30-12pm.
- Moms’ Booster Club Meeting 8:30AM in the cafeteria
- 5th & 7th Grade Class Mass at 10:00AM in the Marian Room
- FUN – Uniform Swap 4-6 PM
- Thursday, 10/13
- Home and School General Meeting, Marian Room 7PM
- Friday, 10/14
- Middle of the First Trimester
- Band Lessons/Practice throughout the day
- Please share the schedule with your children. Mr. Rumpf will send an email directly to parents.
- 5th & 6th Social Event
- Children’s Liturgy: Calling all Volunteers!
- The Children’s Liturgy is back at St. Andrew’s Church every Sunday at the 9am Mass for children ages 4-8. Volunteers are needed to continue to help this ministry grow!
- Volunteers are asked to serve at one mass every 4-6 weeks. No prior experience is needed, and we are flexible! All volunteers must have current clearances. Our next Volunteer Meeting is Wednesday, 9/28 from 7-8 p.m. at the Main Church. If you are interested in joining this ministry, please contact Jen Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your consideration!
*These are not Saint Andrew School Events and do not follow our clearance policy but generally are shared by parishioners or members of our community and may be something you are interested in for your children and/or family.
- 6-8 Stem Girls Day – Bucks County IU
- 8th Grade Scholarship DLFF Foundation Opportunity – HS Class of 2027
- Are you a Patriot? 6-8 Scholarship opportunity through the VFW
- Volunteer with Senior Adults for Greater Education (SAGE)
- Council Rock North Women’s Basketball Clinic Flyer
- October 29 from 9-11AM
- Acting Naturally Flyer
High School Information (All information will be cleared next week)
- Villa Victoria
- Saint Joe’s Prep Admissions information
- Holy Ghost Prep Admissions and Shadow Information
- FALL OPEN HOUSE -Sunday, October 23, 2022 – Click Here to Register
- 8TH ENTRANCE EXAM
- November 5, 2022, November 20, 2022, December 7, 2022
- CAMPUS TOURS
- To schedule a tour contact the admissions office: 215-639-0811 or email@example.com
- 8TH GRADE SHADOW DAYS
- Starting September 20, 2022 – Click Here to Schedule
- ADMISSIONS INFORMATION NIGHT
- Wednesday, September 28, 2022 – Click Here to Register
- BRING YOUR BROTHER TO SCHOOL DAY FOR CURRENT STUDENTS
- Wednesday, October 5, 2022 – Click Here to Register
- FINANCIAL AID PROGRAM
- Wednesday, October 12, 2022 – Click Here to Register
- Villa Joseph Marie
- Open House – https://www.vjmhs.org/admissions/openhouse
- 8th Grade Shadow Days – https://www.vjmhs.org/admissions/shadow
- 8th Grade Scholarship/Entrance Exams – https://www.vjmhs.org/admissions/8/test
- Application Date – https://www.vjmhs.org/admissions/admissionsprocess
- Tuesday, November 1, 2022 – Application due
- HSPT Prep – https://www.vjmhs.org/admissions/8/prep
- FATHER JUDGE HIGH SCHOOL – APPLICATION STEPS FOR 8TH GRADE STUDENTS
STEP ONE: Click on the blue link, Application Portal to start the Application Process. Once there, you can create an account, complete an application, and upload required documents listed on the portal.
STEP TWO: Register for the 8th Grade Scholarship Entrance Exam, (by clicking on the blue link), 8th Grade Scholarship Entrance Exam This test is mandatory for students applying to Father Judge High School.
STEP THREE: Apply for Facts Financial Aid & Tuition Assistance. The link to apply will be available on October 1, 2022.
Visit Father Judge High School during our Walkthrough Wednesday Events, which will give you and your son the opportunity to see the Father Judge campus. The link to register for the event will soon be available at www.fatherjudge.com You can also review more details regarding the Application Process by visiting www.fatherjudge.com and by clicking on the “Admissions” tab on the website. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
- (7-8 Girls) Mount Saint Joseph Academy
Fall Open House – msjacad.org/openhouse
- Sunday, October 2, 2022
- 10:00AM – 1:00PM (9:00AM Mass)
Application Dates – msjacad.org/apply
- Friday, October 7, 2022 – Application deadline
- Friday, October 14, 2022 – Academic records and recommendations deadline
- Saturday, October 8, 2022 – 8:00AM
- Sunday, October 9, 2022 – 12:00PM
8th Grade Shadow Day Visits
- Begin September 19, 2022