Sorry, this was not sent yesterday, please note it was written with the intent to be delivered/received on Friday 11/11/22. Sorry, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Dear St. Andrew Parents,
I hope you had a great week! It is hard to believe we are approaching mid-November! Today, we had a beautiful Veterans Day Assembly. Thank you to all of our Veterans who were able to make it today and all of those that were not able to attend! We appreciate you all! Tomorrow most of our 7th graders will be receiving their Confirmation. Please keep them in your prayers, and congratulate those that you know for choosing to follow and be engaged in our Faith. We are proud of them!
Thank you to everyone who donated toiletries for the Saint Francis Inn. They will be delivered next week. On Monday, we have our Dress Down Day to support our police officers and the “Shop with a Cop” Program. Students participating should bring in at least $1, and they should dress in blue. Please see below for more information.
In planning ahead, we will have a dress down day towards the end of the month to support the Roche Family that I mentioned last week. We also will be incorporating the Rosary in some manner for this family and others in our community that are sick.
In the community section this week, you will also see an opportunity to purchase raffle tickets in support of the Francis Marx Memorial Fund to support Catholic Charities and a scholarship at HGP.
Last but not least, a reminder that our Teacher Collection is closing online tonight. Thank you to all of those that have already made a contribution to support our wonderful team. If you want to contribute but have not yet, you may click this link to contribute.
I know the last few items all mention donations. Please know it is not our expectation that you always donate; we understand that it is not always possible. $1 means more to some than others, and many of our families also support other worthy causes. We generally try to space things out a little better. However, we feel that these are all worthy causes and want to at least make you aware. Whether you help through your time, talent, or treasure, please know it is appreciated, and we are laying a foundation for our children and who they become and who they serve.
In other news, we recently received new desks and chairs for our school through a grant. We are looking to donate our current desks and chairs to schools in need but are not sure how many are in need or if we will be able to effectively make this work. If you have any interest in taking home a student desk or chair for your child to use in their room, your basement, etc, please complete this form. Most are in fair condition, and we will have around 500 to move.
God Bless you all, and have a great weekend!
- Our Shop with Cop Dress Down is scheduled for Monday, 11/14. Students are asked to bring in at least $1 and to wear blue to show their support for our local police departments. Shop with a Cop is an event where local police officers shop with families in need and help them purchase Christmas gifts for their entire family. Every year, we have some of our own families that are in need and that participate in this great cause.
- If your family is in need this year and could use a little extra help, please complete this form, and an officer will be in contact with you.
- Police officers from our local area will be at the school on Monday, 11/14 to help us celebrate, so please do not be alarmed when you see the officers here a week from Monday.
- Picture retakes will be on Monday, November 14 for students who were absent on the original picture day. Students who are not satisfied with their portraits will be able to take a retake. Students must bring their original portrait packages for return.
- If your child is participating in the dress down day on 11/14, please have them arrive in uniform. They may change in the restroom after taking their school picture.
Repeat School Information
- November Lunch Menu
- Christmas Bazaar Flyer and Information
- Santa Secret Shop Coming Soon!
- Please consider volunteering with our Junior Achievement program. Each homeroom needs a parent volunteer! Each volunteer is provided with a kit of everything they need to run the classes – a detailed script of teacher speaker notes and all the supplies. This is an outstanding program that provides our students with Financial Literacy at an age appropriate level. For more information please click here.
- There have been many recent articles discussing how standardized test scores show major gaps in learning across the country in our public schools. Fortunately, we did not experience that in our community. Certainly, there were setbacks, sacrifices, and some social emotional losses due to the pandemic and related policies. However, our students were able to still meet standards and achieve academically. Here is a link to an article in the Wall Street Journal speaking to Catholic Schools growing academically and improving during Covid.
- Cover the Turkey Fundraiser
- Cover the Turkey Feather Fundraiser will run from November 7 through November 18. Student Council and NJHS will be selling Thankful Feathers: 1 feather for .25 cents or 5 feathers for $1.00. Students should write what they are thankful for and decorate their feathers. Teachers will attach the feathers on the class turkey and watch him grow! All proceeds will benefit Catholic Charities. Please help share the spirit of the holidays with our neighbors in need.
- Late Slips are given to any student that arrives after 8:10. We are seeing more late students arrive at the back loop. Even if your older student(s) are helping preschool or kindergarten students get to class, they must be in class on time.
- Per PA state laws and attendance requirements, we must document the late arrivals. Please make sure you are arriving in time for your 1-8 grade students to be in the building by 8:10 AM.
- The Father-Daughter Dance will be held on February 25, and we are looking for volunteers to begin working on event preparation. Even if you can just help a little, you could be a big help. If interested, please email Jillian DeRisi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EITC Tax Giving Information – Foundation for Catholic Education
- Lost and Found
- We now have quite a few sweaters and clothing along with lunchboxes, water bottles, pencil bags, etc. filling up our lost and found tables. Please take a look here if you are missing any of the above. Your child can pick them up or you can email email@example.com, and we will try to deliver the item to your child’s teacher for them to bring home.
- If you are missing a school sweater in your house, please ask your child to take a look in the lost and found.
- All items will be donated or thrown away at Thanksgiving if they are not claimed beforehand.
- Saturday, 11/12
- 7th Grade Confirmations at 10:30AM and 1:30PM
- Monday, 11/14
- Shop with a Cop Dress Down for $1
- Picture Retakes
- Fall Open House 6:30-8PM
- Home and School Meeting 8:15PM Virtual
- Tuesday, 11/15
- Orchestra Lessons
- Wednesday, 11/16
- First National Bank is Open from 8:30-12pm.
- Grades 1 and 2 Class Mass 10AM Marian Room
- Thursday, 11/17
- Friday, 11/18
- Band Lessons
- 7th and 8th Grade Dance 7-10PM Cafeteria
- Saturday, 11/19
*These are not Saint Andrew School Events and do not follow our clearance policy but generally are shared by parishioners or members of our community and may be something you are interested in for your children and/or family.
- Francis J Marx Memorial Fund Raffle benefiting Catholic Charities and HGP
- Along with benefiting numerous Catholic related charities, the majority of the money raised through the Marx Scholarship is awarded to an upcoming Senior at Holy Ghost Prep. The scholarship winner must not only be in good academic standings, but also prove themselves to be a role model to their peers and of service to their community.
- Flyer for the Red and White Circus Fundraiser for the Roche Family