Dear St. Andrew Parents,
I hope you had a great week!
Over the next week, you will see changes to our school website as it is going through an organizational update. The goal is to make the website more user friendly for current and prospective families. The website will continue to be functional as updates occur. We will provide an update when the changes are complete. Please bear with us as changes are being made.
As we prepare for Catholic Schools Week at the end of the month, we would like to invite you all to our 10:30 Mass and ask our students to wear their winter uniform to Mass that day. Students will dress down every day during the school week except Wednesday. The themes are listed below.
We are still waiting to finalize the donations to the Krasna family as we are waiting on at least one more check. We hope to share the final number next week. Thank you for supporting their family.
For the next dress down day on Friday, January 20, we are asking students to bring in beverages in a Quench the Thirst drive. The food pantry could use the following: tea, coffee, hot chocolate, and juice drinks (they have lots of water). Included below is a suggested list per grade level; however, all donations are welcome.
Items to donate:
- Pre-School-1st grade: Hot Chocolate mix-box of individual servings or a canister
- 2nd grade-6th grade: Juice-bottles of juice or juice boxes (no cold items)
- Gatorade is acceptable, but it is not the preference.
- 7th grade-8th grade: Tea bags or Instant Coffee or in a canister
Students should wear their Eagles clothing or green/white. Students may wear another inferior football team shirt if they would like (ie: Cowboys, sorry, Mrs. Wagner!)
Please do not miss the Father-Daughter Dance, Tricky Tray, and Catholic School Week information below.
Have a great 3 day weekend!
- Father Daughter Dance Flyer and Registration
- CSW info for parents and dress down days to plan ahead (not this coming week)
- Monday, 1/30: Disney/Marvel Day
- Tuesday, 1/31: Country or Country Club
- Wednesday, 2/1: Winter Uniform (no gym uniforms)
- Thursday, 2/2: Favorite Sports Team Jersey/Shirt
- Friday, 2/3: Blue vs. White
Repeat School Information
- Tricky Tray
- Our Tricky Tray event is back to kick off Catholic Schools Week starting on Saturday, January 28.
- Tricky Tray is a success thanks to your support, so on January 13 the oldest child from each family will be bringing home a tray for any donations. We ask you to consider donating a tray to be raffled off at the event. You are not limited to the tray we supply; let your imagination run wild!
- Don’t have time to make a basket, but still want to support the event? Monetary donations can be sent in to school to the attention of the tricky tray committee C/O Judy Weaver. Please make all checks payable to St. Andrew School Home and School.
- All families that donate a tray will receive 2 sheets of raffle tickets and a Street Clothes Dress Down Pass!!
- Stay tuned for more information to come about the event.
- Advent Diaper Drive Thank you.
- Many thanks to all for your donations to our school’s annual Advent Service Project. All proceeds from this baby diaper and wipes drive are being donated to Catholic Social Services in Levittown, PA. With your generous donations, we collected a staggering 11,853 diapers and 20,714 wipes – 2.2x more than last year’s collection! A special thank you to Katherine and John for their leadership with the drive.
- The following classes are still in need of a Junior Achievement volunteer: 2C, 4B, For more information, please click here. If you would like to be a homeroom volunteer, please reach out to Melissa Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EITC Tax Giving Information – Foundation for Catholic Education
After School Winter Clubs etc.
- Choir – If you are interested in either chorus please see the link below.
- Sign-Up Link: https://forms.gle/1CMm7AEbP8nJAip3A
- Lower School Chorus is for students in grades 3-5.
- Upper School Chorus is for students in grades 6-8.
- Sign-Up Link: https://forms.gle/1CMm7AEbP8nJAip3A
- Monday, 1/16
- No School MLK Holiday
- Tuesday, 1/17
- Orchestra Practice
- Wednesday, 1/18
- First National Bank Open
- 5th Grade Class Mass 10:00AM in the Marian Room
- Thursday, 1/19
- Friday, 1/20
- Quench the Thirst Dress Down Day – Eagles – Green and White
- Middle of the 2nd Trimester
- Band Practice
- Please join us on Friday, January 20th, 2023 for the National MARCH FOR LIFE in Washington DC. With the recent overturning (praise God!) of Roe v. Wade, we must continue to bear witness to the dignity of human life to our elected officials in Congress. St. Andrew Respect Life Ministry has reserved a 54-passenger motorcoach for parishioners. We will depart St. Andrew at ~7am and return by ~8pm.
- If you have school-age children, consider bringing them. So many schools and children join in the March for Life! The cost is $30 per person or $60 max per family. Please write a check payable to “St. Andrew Respect Life Ministry” and drop it off at the Rectory Office to reserve your place. For more information and to reserve your seat, call Mike Phillips at (267) 797-0186 or email at email@example.com.