Dear St. Andrew Parents,
I hope you had a great week!
On Sunday, we kick off Catholic Schools Week with a beautiful Mass at Saint Andrew at 10:30. We encourage our families to attend and our students to wear their uniforms to Mass. Following Mass, we will be hosting an open house from 12-2pm and Tricky Tray from 11-3pm. Also, lost and found items will be located on tables in the cafeteria if you would like to look for anything missing. Additional Parking is available next door at Newtown Elementary school on Sunday. A list of dress down themes is listed below. On Wednesday, we are asking that all students wear their school uniforms (no gym uniforms even if they have gym) to celebrate our all school liturgy. On dress down days, students should always wear shoes with backs on them (no flip flops, slides, slippers, crocs, etc.). We are looking forward to a great week of promoting and celebrating Catholic Education together.
Terra Nova testing for students in grades 2-7 is a little more than a month away. This year, the test has changed and is now being referred to as Terra Nova Next. As part of the change, students will only be taking the In View, Reading, Language and Math portions of the standardized test.
Just a friendly reminder to make sure you have taken care of your registration as we are opening registration to new families on Monday.
- CSW info for parents and dress down days.
- Monday, 1/30: Disney/Marvel Day *No Costumes!
- Tuesday, 1/31: Country or Country Club
- Wednesday, 2/1: Winter Uniform (no gym uniforms)
- Thursday, 2/2: Favorite Sports Team Jersey/Shirt
- Friday, 2/3: Blue vs. White
- *Pajamas including Onesies are never permitted to be worn at school.
- Tricky Tray is THIS Saturday and Sunday. You don’t want to miss out on lots of opportunities to win amazing prizes!
- We are in major need of volunteers to help support the Tricky Tray Event this weekend. You still have time to sign up and help out! (please make sure your clearances are turned in). Any amount of time that you can provide, is greatly appreciated! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0A4EADAD2EA4FE3-tricky1
- Tricky Tray Flyer 2023.docx
- Saint Andrew School Spirit Wear Store now open
- Shop for Spirit Wear and Gym Clothing here. Profits benefit the Mom’s Booster Club.
- February Lunch Menus
- Re-Registration Payments
- All families should have received an email from Parish Giving regarding reregistration. If you have not, please check your junk email or follow this link to pay for the re-registration.
- Thank you for the drink donations
- St Andrew is AMAZING!!!!!!
- Donations totaled: 1,639 pounds and has blessed the pantry and the families in the community.
- 274 boxes of hot chocolate mix
- 244 multi packs of juice boxes
- 124 boxes of tea
- 42 bottles of juice
- 36 canisters of coffee
- and an assortment of other beverages.
- Thank you to the entire school community for all of their generous donations.
- Thank you to Stephanie and her family for helping to arrange this drive.
- Confirmation Candidate and Parent Spirit Talk
- Confirmation Candidate and Parent Spirit Talk is Saturday, February 4, 2023 from 9am to 11:15am at the Main Church. This event is for the Candidate to attend with a parent. Rob Longo, co-founder of LIVE Vertical and his daughter, Grace Longo will be the special guest presenters.
- Lost & Found Items
- Items can be found in the cafeteria.
Repeat School Information
- Father Daughter Dance Flyer and Registration
- Feast of Saint Joseph Flyer
- EITC Tax Giving Information – Foundation for Catholic Education
- January Lunch Menus
- We were able to raise a total of $3000 dollars for the Krasna family and also received a matching donation for the family equalling $6,000. Thank you.
- Saturday, 1/28
- Tricky Tray 9-4PM in the Marian Room
- Sunday, 1/29
- CSW Opening Mass 10:30AM at the Main Church
- CSW Open House 12-2PM
- Uniform Swap 12-2PM
- Tricky Tray 12-3PM in the Marian Room
- Monday, 1/30
- Disney/Marvel Day
- Tuesday, 1/31
- Country or Country Club
- Orchestra Practice
- Wednesday, 2/1
- Winter Uniform (no gym uniforms)
- First National Bank Open
- CSW All School Liturgy 10AM Gym
- Thursday, 2/2
- Favorite Sports Team Jersey/Shirt
- Friday, 2/3
- Blue vs. White
- Band Practice
CYO Spring Sports registration is open.
- Track and Field (1st-8th)
- Softball ( 5th-8th)
- Baseball (5th-8th)
- Girls Spring Volleyball Clinics ( 4th-7th)
- HS Coed Volleyball ( 9th-12th)
Don’t miss out on playing CYO this spring. Registration links can be found on the cyo website. https://www.standrewnewtown.com/cyo
*These are not Saint Andrew School Events and do not follow our clearance policy but generally are shared by parishioners or members of our community and may be something you are interested in for your children and/or family.
- CR South HS Girls Lacrosse Clinic – 2/18/23
- NFL Alumni Football Camps – Flyer
- 6-8 Grade Strength and conditioning camps at Notre Dame High School
High School Info
- Practice Test – Saturday, March 11, 2023 – The Practice Test is a great opportunity for 6th and 7th grade girls to prepare for the high school application process by becoming familiar with the standardized testing process. Students take a modified test that introduces them to the topics, question types, and testing environment that they can expect on the scholarship/entrance exam in 8th grade. Registration is open here.
- 7th Grade Shadow Visits – 7th grade students are invited to schedule a personalized half-day visit and shadow a current Mountie! Experience the Mount community in action, participate in classes, and meet current students, faculty, and staff. Shadow days begin February 1. Registration is open here.
- “Let’s Get to Know Wood” Information Sessions
- Thursday, January 26th 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Tuesday, February 28th 11:00am – 12:00 pm
- Please join us for this informative program and learn about the admission process, financial aid application, scholarship opportunities, academic programs and much more! Meet with the administration and students, tour live classes and experience our campus up close. Please RSVP to email@example.com
- 7th Grade Practice Test and Meet and Greet for parents
- Saturday, March 18th 9:00am – 12:00pm
- The high school placement test is a standardized exam that covers five areas: verbal, language, reading, math skills, and math aptitude. This test is provided to help students prepare for our 8th Grade Academic Scholarship Exam offered in the Fall for academic scholarship opportunities.
- The Meet and Greet (9:00am – 10:30am) is a wonderful opportunity for parents to ask questions, meet representatives from the Academics office, Board Members and Admissions staff.
- Register here : hsptreg.stsusers.com
- Your School’s Access Code (you will need to register) : ZC
- 7th Grade Visitation Day
- Thursday, March 23, 2023
- Spend the day at Archbishop Wood with other 7th graders as we get ready to welcome the Class of 2028! You will run through a roster of classes and meet our teachers, getting a taste of what your everyday life will be like at Wood. – RSVP form
- Open House
- Sunday, April 16 10:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Visit and experience Archbishop Wood, meet our teachers, administration, students and more. The program will include classroom presentations, demonstrations, and student guided tours. Our coaches and club moderators will be on hand to discuss the details of their prospective sport or club.