Dear St. Andrew Parents,
What a great week! We started off with a beautiful Mass, Open House, Tricky Tray, Uniform Swap Event, and an Eagles win! Congratulations to our 8th graders on beating the faculty for the first time in 15 years (we think). Special shout out to Mrs. Grunwell and the CYO program, the students are much better at volleyball now than they were four years ago. Amazing what some quality teaching and hard work can produce. Thanks to our Home and School for their help with the Tricky Tray, Uniform Swap, and our Faculty Luncheon. We are all beyond grateful for your help to make this a great week and Saint Andrew a great place to go to school and to work!
In an effort to plan ahead, should the Eagles win the Superbowl, we will not have school on the day of the parade. We will have a normal school day the day after the Superbowl.
If you did not check out the link below with lost and found items, please do so as we will be donating the items next week. Also, if you have not re-registered yet, please take care of that this weekend.
Last and certainly not least, last week we lost a very special person to Saint Andrew, Anne Papay, who worked at Saint Andrew for over 25 years before retiring two years ago. Please pray for Anne and her family. For more information on Anne and her services, please click here.
God Bless you all, and have a great weekend!
- Saint Andrew School Spirit Wear Store Closes Today!
- Shop for Spirit Wear and Gym clothing here. Profits benefit the Moms’ Booster Club.
- Lost & Found Items
- Items can be found in the cafeteria. Items will be donated next week if they are not claimed.
Repeat School Information
- February Lunch Menus
- Father Daughter Dance Flyer and Registration
- Feast of Saint Joseph Flyer
- Re-Registration Payments
- All families should have received an email from Parish Giving regarding reregistration. If you have not, please check your junk email or follow this link to pay for the re-registration.
- Thank you for the drink donations
- St Andrew is AMAZING!!!!!!
- Donations totaled: 1,639 pounds and has blessed the pantry and the families in the community.
- 274 boxes of hot chocolate mix
- 244 multi packs of juice boxes
- 124 boxes of tea
- 42 bottles of juice
- 36 canisters of coffee
- and an assortment of other beverages.
- Thank you to the entire school community for all of their generous donations.
- Thank you to Stephanie and her family for helping to arrange this drive.
- Confirmation Candidate and Parent SpiritTalk
- Confirmation Candidate and Parent SpiritTalk is tomorrow February 4, 2023 from 9am to 11am at the Main Church. This event is for the Candidate to attend with a parent. Rob Longo, co-founder of LIVE Vertical and his daughter, Grace Longo will be the special guest presenters.
- EITC Tax Giving Information – Foundation for Catholic Education
- Monday, 2/6
- Tuesday, 2/7
- Orchestra Practice
- Wednesday, 2/8
- First National Bank Open
- Moms’ Booster Club Meeting 8:30AM Cafeteria
- Grade 3 Class Mass 10Am Marian Room
- Thursday, 2/9
- Friday, 2/10
- Band Practice
- 7th & 8th Grade Dance 7-10PM Cafeteria
CYO Spring Sports registration is open.
- Track and Field (1st-8th)
- Softball ( 5th-8th)
- Baseball (5th-8th)
- Girls Spring Volleyball Clinics ( 4th-7th)
- HS Coed Volleyball ( 9th-12th)
Don’t miss out on playing CYO this spring. Registration links can be found on the CYO website. https://www.standrewnewtown.com/cyo
This Sunday, February 5th is Scout Sunday! If you or your children are interested in finding out more about Boy Scouts please join us at the 9 AM Mass at the main church. Representatives from Troop 29 will be in attendance. Many Saint Andrew families have boys involved in Troop 29, and several of the scouts have contributed to the school through various Eagle Scout Projects including the multiplication tables on the stairs of the school, the Stations of the Cross in the Preschool Playground, the Prayer Garden in the back of the school and the Gaga Pit to name just a few! After mass there will be a reception in the Parish Meeting Room where the scouts will have a small activity for the kids and scouts and parents will be sharing information on what Scouting is all about. Hope to see you there!
*These are not Saint Andrew School Events and do not follow our clearance policy but generally are shared by parishioners or members of our community and may be something you are interested in for your children and/or family.
- CR South HS Girls Lacrosse Clinic – 2/18/23
- NFL Alumni Football Camps – Flyer
- 6-8 Grade Strength and conditioning camps at Notre Dame High School
- Rising Stock Basketball and Summer Sports Camps
High School Info
Conwell-Egan Catholic (CEC) HS
FATHER JUDGE SPRING OPEN HOUSE FOR 7th GRADE STUDENTS
- Thursday, March 9, 6:00 to 7:30 PM
- Registration is required. Click on the blue link to register – Registration for Open House for 7th Grade Students
- Practice Test – Saturday, March 11, 2023 – The Practice Test is a great opportunity for 6th and 7th grade girls to prepare for the high school application process by becoming familiar with the standardized testing process. Students take a modified test that introduces them to the topics, question types, and testing environment that they can expect on the scholarship/entrance exam in 8th grade. Registration is open here.
- 7th Grade Shadow Visits – 7th grade students are invited to schedule a personalized half-day visit and shadow a current Mountie! Experience the Mount community in action, participate in classes, and meet current students, faculty, and staff. Shadow days begin February 1. Registration is open here.
- “Let’s Get to Know Wood” Information Sessions
- Tuesday, February 28th 11:00am – 12:00 pm
- Please join us for this informative program and learn about the admission process, financial aid application, scholarship opportunities, academic programs and much more! Meet with the administration and students, tour live classes and experience our campus up close. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7th Grade Practice Test and Meet and Greet for parents
- Saturday, March 18th 9:00am – 12:00pm
- The high school placement test is a standardized exam that covers five areas: verbal, language, reading, math skills, and math aptitude. This test is provided to help students prepare for our 8th Grade Academic Scholarship Exam offered in the Fall for academic scholarship opportunities.
- The Meet and Greet (9:00am – 10:30am) is a wonderful opportunity for parents to ask questions, meet representatives from the Academics office, Board Members and Admissions staff.
- Register here : hsptreg.stsusers.com
- Your School’s Access Code (you will need to register) : ZC
- 7th Grade Visitation Day
- Thursday, March 23, 2023
- Spend the day at Archbishop Wood with other 7th graders as we get ready to welcome the Class of 2028! You will run through a roster of classes and meet our teachers, getting a taste of what your everyday life will be like at Wood. – RSVP form
- Open House
- Sunday, April 16 10:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Visit and experience Archbishop Wood, meet our teachers, administration, students and more. The program will include classroom presentations, demonstrations, and student guided tours. Our coaches and club moderators will be on hand to discuss the details of their prospective sport or club.