Dear St. Andrew Parents,
It was a tough start to the week for many of us, but thankful for the Eagles and the joy they helped bring this past football season. Thankfully, more joy came on Tuesday as our second graders received their First Reconciliation. We are so proud of them!
With Easter a little later this year and Terra Nova Testing in early March, Monsignor thought mid-March would be a great time to recognize our students and staff for their hard work and dedication with a Pastor holiday. Friday, March 17 will now be a holiday for all students and staff. He did want to emphasize this is not a holiday for Saint Patrick’s Day but rather for the students and the staff. Please mark your calendars with this update.
If you are interested in volunteering and are in need of the Protecting God’s Children course, please visit here for course dates and registration.
If you missed the Social Media Zoom earlier this week, please check out this PDF from the meeting. It was extremely informative and has links to some great information as well.
God Bless you all, and have a great 3-day weekend!
- Terra Nova Testing Information
- Students in grades 2-7 will take the Terra Nova standardized testing on March 3 and March 6-8.
- All students are permitted to wear their gym uniforms on testing dates.
- Students who will be taking the Terra Nova must have #2 pencils.
- It is important for students to get a good night’s sleep, to eat a healthy breakfast, and to try their best!
- Newtown Chocolatier Donations
- Newtown Chocolatier is giving back to St. Andrews 30% of their sales whenever a chocolate Cross is purchased between February 18th – April 7th. Just stop by the store and let them know that you are from St. Andrews and purchase a chocolate Cross. These make great gifts for Easter. 🙂
- DLFF Pathway Scholarship Program 2023-2024 (5th, 6th, and 7th grade)
- The Danaher Lynch Family Foundation is excited to announce the opening of the scholarship application process for the DLFF Pathway Elementary School Scholarship program for the 2023-2024 academic year. Current 5th, 6th, and 7th grade students are eligible to apply for the $1,000/year, renewable through 8th grade, award. The deadline for application submission to your current teacher is by Friday, 3/31/2023.
- DISCOUNT HERSHEY PARK TICKETS AVAILABE FOR PURCHASE
- Please place in a marked envelope: Hershey Park Ticket Sales
- Attention: Judy Weaver
- Checks should be made payable to: Saint Andrew School
- ALL ORDERS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 3:00 PM on Friday, March 31, 2023.
Repeat School Information
- February Lunch Menus
- Feast of Saint Joseph Flyer
- Why Confession Flyer from OCE
- Reconciliation Weekend from OCE
- Unfortunately, the ink cartridge recycle program is coming to an end as we are no longer able to donate them in exchange for funds and are having a hard time donating in bulk. Any cartridges that were previously turned in will receive a pass, but moving forward, we ask that you do not send in the cartridges to school.
- EITC Tax Giving Information – Foundation for Catholic Education
- Monday, 2/20
- Presidents’ Day Holiday
- Tuesday, 2/21
- Orchestra Practice
- Wednesday, 2/22
- First National Bank Open
- Ash Wednesday All School Liturgy 10AM Gym
- Thursday, 2/23
- Friday, 2/24
- Band Practice
- Saturday, 2/25
- Father Daughter Dance 6:30-9:30PM
CYO Spring Sports registration is open.
- Track and Field (1st-8th)
- Softball ( 5th-8th)
- Baseball (5th-8th)
- Girls Spring Volleyball Clinics ( 4th-7th)
- HS Coed Volleyball ( 9th-12th)
Don’t miss out on playing CYO this spring. Registration links can be found on the CYO website. https://www.standrewnewtown.com/cyo
*These are not Saint Andrew School Events and do not follow our clearance policy but generally are shared by parishioners or members of our community and may be something you are interested in for your children and/or family.
- NFL Alumni Football Camps – Flyer
- 6-8 Grade Strength and conditioning camps at Notre Dame High School
- Rising Stock Basketball and Summer Sports Camps
High School Info
Holy Ghost Prep
- SIXTH AND SEVENTH GRADE PRACTICE EXAMS AT HOLY GHOST PREP
- Saturday, February 25, 2023 – 8:30am
- Register at www.ThinkGhost.org
- BE FIRST AT HOLY GHOST PREP
- The Be First Program at Holy Ghost Prep is our early decision program for students entering eighth grade. A small number of students are invited to Be First at Holy Ghost Prep based on their seventh grade practice test score or because the student is a legacy applicant (the son of an alum or brother of a current student or alum). Students in this program complete the application process during the summer between 7th and 8th grades. We know that HGP is the first choice of many of our families. This program is designed to take the stress out of the high school process before 8th grade even begins. To be eligible, students must take the seventh grade practice exam at HGP.
- STILL MAKING A HIGH SCHOOL DECISION?
- The Class of 2027 at HGP is fully enrolled for next year, but we still have dozens of families inquiring about both 9th grade and transferring to HGP for the 2023-2024 school year. Like everything we do at HGP, we never want any student to feel like he is just a number. Our goal is to find a way to help every right-fit family that wants to be at Holy Ghost Prep. If you have not completed the high school decision process or are looking for a change, we are here to help you learn about HGP. To learn more, contact the admissions office at 215-639-0811 or email@example.com
Conwell-Egan Catholic (CEC) HS
- Would you be interested in playing Hockey at CEC? They are considering returning the program but guaging interest. If you are interested in CEC and/or Hockey please complete this form.
- CEC 7th Grade Visitation Day RSVP
- CEC Visitation Day Information
FATHER JUDGE SPRING OPEN HOUSE FOR 7th GRADE STUDENTS
- Thursday, March 9, 6:00 to 7:30 PM
- Registration is required. Click on the blue link to register – Registration for Open House for 7th Grade Students
- Practice Test – Saturday, March 11, 2023 – The Practice Test is a great opportunity for 6th and 7th grade girls to prepare for the high school application process by becoming familiar with the standardized testing process. Students take a modified test that introduces them to the topics, question types, and testing environment that they can expect on the scholarship/entrance exam in 8th grade. Registration is open here.
- 7th Grade Shadow Visits – 7th grade students are invited to schedule a personalized half-day visit and shadow a current Mountie! Experience the Mount community in action, participate in classes, and meet current students, faculty, and staff. Shadow days begin February 1. Registration is open here.
- “Let’s Get to Know Wood” Information Sessions
- Tuesday, February 28th 11:00am – 12:00 pm
- Please join us for this informative program and learn about the admission process, financial aid application, scholarship opportunities, academic programs and much more! Meet with the administration and students, tour live classes and experience our campus up close. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7th Grade Practice Test and Meet and Greet for parents
- Saturday, March 18th 9:00am – 12:00pm
- The high school placement test is a standardized exam that covers five areas: verbal, language, reading, math skills, and math aptitude. This test is provided to help students prepare for our 8th Grade Academic Scholarship Exam offered in the Fall for academic scholarship opportunities.
- The Meet and Greet (9:00am – 10:30am) is a wonderful opportunity for parents to ask questions, meet representatives from the Academics office, Board Members and Admissions staff.
- Register here : hsptreg.stsusers.com
- Your School’s Access Code (you will need to register) : ZC
- 7th Grade Visitation Day
- Thursday, March 23, 2023
- Spend the day at Archbishop Wood with other 7th graders as we get ready to welcome the Class of 2028! You will run through a roster of classes and meet our teachers, getting a taste of what your everyday life will be like at Wood. – RSVP form
- Open House
- Sunday, April 16 10:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Visit and experience Archbishop Wood, meet our teachers, administration, students and more. The program will include classroom presentations, demonstrations, and student guided tours. Our coaches and club moderators will be on hand to discuss the details of their prospective sport or club.