Dear St. Andrew Parents,
What a great week! We had a bunch of fun with our Spring Concert/Gallery Walk, Spirit Days, and Crusader Dash. Thank you to all of those that helped make these great events and those who donated their time, talent, and treasure especially Mr. Rumph (Band), Mr. Mynyk (Orchestra), Ms. Wiltbank (Music), and Ms. DeGraw (Art) for all of their work with the concert and art gallery. Thank you to the Moms’ Booster Club, especially Mrs. Dharte, Mrs. Dougherty, and Mrs. Powell, and our gym teacher, Mr. Carlin for the great Crusader Dash and spirit day. Congratulations to the Teal room and KF3 for being the top earning classes in the Crusader Dash this year!
Finals are slowly approaching for our older students, so please be on the lookout for information from our teachers.
Yearbooks were distributed today to those that ordered one. We have about 20 remaining yearbooks. If you would like to purchase one, please contact Ms. Demsko at email@example.com. Yearbooks cost $35.00 and will be sold on a first come first serve basis.
I hope you enjoy the 3-day weekend but also spend some time with your loved ones remembering those who made the ultimate sacrifice like Bucks County’s own Travis Manion who attended Our Lady of Mount Carmel, La Salle College High School, and the Naval Academy. May God continue to look after their families, and God Bless you all and our Freedom!
- Student Lunch Accounts – Please note as we enter the last two weeks of school that students with unpaid lunch accounts will receive a meal they wish to buy but are not permitted to buy snacks. Please pay off unpaid balances by the end of the school year.
- Saint Andrew’s Newtown Bookshop BookFair – Our Spring Book Fair with the Newtown Bookshop is now running for 2 weeks from Sunday, May 21 to Sunday, June 4, 2023! Here is the link to the Book Fair Flyer and homepage – https://www.newtownbookshop.com/st-andrew-school-virtual-bookfair You may purchase Summer Reading books, teacher, graduation, and Father’s Day gifts and anything else for your reading pleasure. Please mention Saint Andrew School when shopping in person or online, which raises funds for the Saint Andrew School Library.
- Thank you H&S volunteers! Thank you to our many Home and School Association volunteers for an outstanding 2022-2023 school year!
Repeat School Information
- June Lunch Menu
- May Lunch Menu
- 2023-2024 Homeroom Parent Interest Form
- Some roles and responsibilities of Homeroom Parents include: sharing information with class parents via email in a timely manner; planning, attending, and chaperoning grade level socials; assisting teachers with grade level celebrations; organizing classroom holiday parties; and collecting for various fundraisers throughout the year.
- Final Exam Schedule
- Want your PA taxes to go to Catholic Schools? Consider EITC Tax Giving.
The Week Ahead
- Monday, 5/29
- No School-Happy Memorial Day!
- Tuesday, 5/30
- Talent Show
- Grade 8 Social Studies Final Exam
- Wednesday, 5/31
- Grade 8 Science and Religion Final Exams
- Grade 2 Class Mass 10AM Marian Room
- Thursday, 6/1
- Grades 1-8 ELA Final Exam
- Friday, 6/2
- Last Day for Preschool and Kindergarten
- Grades 1-8 Math Final Exam
- Sunday, 6/4
- Graduation Dance 6:30-10PM Cafeteria
- Faith and Film Camp at Saint Andrew
- Faith and Film Camp webpage: https://www.personallycatholic.com/faithandfilmcamp
- Rescued from Darkness, filmed by two of our parishioners and me, just went live to watch on Amazon and AppleTV this morning!
- You can check it out here:
- Blood Drive-Baked Goods Needed!
CYO Registration for fall CYO sports – Today is the last day to Register
- Please visit our website https://www.standrewnewtown.com/cyo-fall to register and for a brief description of each program
- Juniors Soccer PreK(4yrs old)-2nd grade -In-house
- Soccer 3rd-8th grade – travel
- Cross Country 2nd-8th grade
- Volleyball Girls 5th-8th – travel
- HS Coed Holy Bag Toss League 9th-12th
- All of our evaluations will be held in June
- Soccer (3rd-8th) June 1st and 2nd (possible call back on the 5th for 5th-8th only) Volleyball (5th-8th) June 1st and 2nd
- Teams will be selected before everyone heads off for summer vacation. As always, team practices will not begin until August.
- We need coaches! If you are interested in volunteering to coach, please sign up using this CYO Fall Coaches Form.
- In addition to coaches, we are looking for a Concession Stand Coordinator for Soccer so if you are interested please reach out to me (firstname.lastname@example.org)
*These are not Saint Andrew School Events and do not follow our clearance policy but generally are shared by parishioners or members of our community and may be something you are interested in for your children and/or family.
- Newtown Summer Historic Walk for Rising 5-7 graders
- Summer Camps and Activities
- Archbishop Wood Summer Camp Informational Flyer
- Boys 3-8 Archbishop Wood Boys Basketball Camp
- Holy Ghost Prep Summer Camp Options and Link
- Enrichment, Learning to row, Basketball, Baseball, Soccer, Lacrosse, and Tennis are just some of the options.
- Nazareth Summer Camp Opportunities Link
- Including a Pre-7th & Pre-8th grade summer enrichment, art, STEM athletics (basketball, cheer, lacrosse, soccer, softball, and volleyball)
- Acting Naturally Flyer – Summer 2023
- AOY Summer Art Camp Flyer and Calendar
- Pure Skills Basketball Camps
- CR North Girls Basketball Camp (3-9 Grade)
- Camp Invention
- Your kid can spark their curiosity with new, hands-on STEM challenges at Camp Invention®! This K-6 program comes to Maureen M. Welch Elementary from June 19 to June 23. Register at invent.org/mylocalcamp.
- CEC Volleyball Camp
- Other CEC Summer Camp Opportunities
- Gwynedd Mercy – Camp Inspire – 6-8 Girls
- Mount Saint Joseph Academy – Summer at the Mount – 5-9 Girls
- NFL Alumni Football Camps – Flyer
- 6-8 Grade Strength and conditioning camps at Notre Dame High School
- Notre Dame athletic, performing arts, and academic summer camps Grades 1-9
- Rising Stock Basketball and Summer Sports Camps