Dear St. Andrew Parents,
Wow, it is hard to believe the year is now complete. Congratulations to our wonderful 8th graders on their graduation. We sure will miss them!
A special thank you to all who made our Graduation Dance an incredible evening! Thank you to the Dance Committee Christie Capriotti, Kris Baumann, Molly Dwyer, Susan Cunningham, and Maria Collins. Thank you also to the other volunteers who helped with building props, preparing food, transforming the cafeteria, cleaning up, monetary donations, and chaperoning! What a night in Space!
There is some important information below. Wishing you a great summer and some rest along the way! See you soon!
- Sad News/Prayer Request – Mrs. Danielle Thompson better known as Dani worked for a number of years in our preschool until she retired a few years ago to take care of her family. Dani was an incredible person who made a great impact during her time here at Saint Andrew. She was such a calming presence that clearly loved all of our children. Her obituary is in the link below. Please pray for the repose of her soul and for her family. May her soul through the mercy of God rest in eternal peace.
- Report Cards will be available on FACTS on Monday, June 12. Please save and/or print your child’s report card for your records.
- FACTS will be turned off for the summer starting on Friday, July 7, 2023. It will be reopened in late August for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Terra Nova Reports will be mailed to families in grades 2-7 in the next week. Please be on the lookout. We are very proud of our students and their accomplishments.
- Please see the attached table to view how our students did in comparison to the Archdiocese and other Bucks County schools.
- While our administrative team works most of the summer, there is not always someone in the school due to vacations overlapping. General summer hours are Monday-Thursday 9AM-3PM. The office will be closed the entire 4th of July week. If you have any questions or need to schedule an appointment, please do not hesitate to reach out.
- 2023-2024 Supply Kit Orders (Today-June 23)
- School supply kits are available for ordering beginning today. Order here with our code: 91949. Don’t delay, ordering ends on Friday June 23. Contact Mrs. Erica Heine at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Extra school furniture pickup tomorrow Friday 6/09 9am-12pm.
- We have a large amount of medium size student chairs and some computer tables that are looking to find a new home. If you are interested in having them, they will be outside behind the school on Friday with our maintenance staff and available to be picked up between 9am-12pm (or until supplies last).
- Saint Andrew Post Third Edition
Repeat School Information
- Summer Work
- Required summer reading, summer math packets and supply lists can be found at the link above.
- Rising 6-8th grade families
- If you would like us to share your information with the parochial and private high schools that request our student’s information, please complete this form. Typically, they add you to their mailing list and send pertinent information such as open houses, shadow days, placement tests, etc. directly to you.
- Student Lunch Accounts – Please note as we enter the last week of school that students with unpaid lunch accounts will receive a meal they wish to buy but are not permitted to buy snacks. Please pay off unpaid balances by the end of the school year.
- Thank you H&S volunteers! Thank you to our many Home and School Association volunteers for an outstanding 2022-2023 school year!
- Want your PA taxes to go to Catholic Schools? Consider EITC Tax Giving.
The Week Ahead
- Schools out for Summer!
- Faith and Film Camp at Saint Andrew
- Faith and Film Camp webpage: https://www.personallycatholic.com/faithandfilmcamp
- Rescued from Darkness, filmed by two of our parishioners and me, just went live to watch on Amazon and AppleTV this morning!
- You can check it out here:
*These are not Saint Andrew School Events and do not follow our clearance policy but generally are shared by parishioners or members of our community and may be something you are interested in for your children and/or family.
- Rita’s of Newtown invites you to Italian ice with a cop (Tuesday June 20 5:30-8pm)
- Newtown Summer Historic Walk for Rising 5-7 graders
- Summer Camps and Activities
- Archbishop Wood Summer Camp Informational Flyer
- Boys 3-8 Archbishop Wood Boys Basketball Camp
- Holy Ghost Prep Summer Camp Options and Link
- Enrichment, Learning to row, Basketball, Baseball, Soccer, Lacrosse, and Tennis are just some of the options.
- Nazareth Summer Camp Opportunities Link
- Including a Pre-7th & Pre-8th grade summer enrichment, art, STEM athletics (basketball, cheer, lacrosse, soccer, softball, and volleyball)
- Acting Naturally Flyer – Summer 2023
- AOY Summer Art Camp Flyer and Calendar
- Pure Skills Basketball Camps
- CR North Girls Basketball Camp (3-9 Grade)
- Camp Invention
- Your kid can spark their curiosity with new, hands-on STEM challenges at Camp Invention®! This K-6 program comes to Maureen M. Welch Elementary from June 19 to June 23. Register at invent.org/mylocalcamp.
- CEC Volleyball Camp
- Other CEC Summer Camp Opportunities
- Gwynedd Mercy – Camp Inspire – 6-8 Girls
- Mount Saint Joseph Academy – Summer at the Mount – 5-9 Girls
- NFL Alumni Football Camps – Flyer
- 6-8 Grade Strength and conditioning camps at Notre Dame High School
- Notre Dame athletic, performing arts, and academic summer camps Grades 1-9
- Rising Stock Basketball and Summer Sports Camps
High School Info
- For rising 8th graders
- The test prep workshop is hosted each year to give students the best preparation for the Scholarship/Entrance Exam held in the fall. The week-long course includes two days of Math prep, two days of English prep, and the practice exam is taken on the final day.