Dear St. Andrew Families,
I hope you are doing great! Sending this a couple of days early since our students are not in the building for the next couple of days. For our 1-8 grade students, there should be some asynchronous work either on Google Classroom or sent home in packets to complete tomorrow. Part of the asynchronous work is to keep students engaged; the other reason is to practice routines in case of inclement weather. Please remember that students are marked present based on completing this work. Preschool and Kindergarten students do not have any required work to complete the next two days.
It has been a very holy week here at the school as we approach All Hallows’ Eve (October 31) and All Saints’ Day (November 1). Our first graders rose to the occasion of the season in their All Saints Pageant this week. We are proud of all of our Saints in the making here at Saint Andrew Catholic School!
We are starting to gather a lot of lost items, especially sweaters and sweatshirts. At conferences over the next two days, we have set up a table with the lost and found items in the front lobby. If items have names on them, we do our best to return them. If you are missing uniform items, please take an item home. The items with names are from graduates passed down, so feel free to grab one of those if you are not sure if it is yours or not. If all families could consider labeling their uniforms, it would help us and save money. Many families use Mable’s Labels as they survive the wash. Consider purchasing some for your school uniforms, lunch boxes, water bottles, etc. Below are two pictures just in case you do not have a conference and want to look now.
We continue to pray for peace especially on this Friday’s worldwide day of fasting, prayer and penance.
Don’t forget next Wednesday, November 1 all day (4-8pm) is Saint Andrew Night at Vince’s Pizzeria and Taproom in Newtown. Hoping you have a great extended weekend with your children!
Please check out this week’s information below which includes Book Fair, CARES, Halloween dress down, and more.
- November 2023 Lunch Menu
- Wednesday, November 15 all school Gobbler Lunch Special
- Scholastic Book Fair – Thursday, Oct. 26th – Friday Nov. 3rd in the Marian Room. Read here for more information.
- Save the Date for our annual Christmas Festival on December 2, 2023
- On Tuesday, October 31, we are having a $1 black and orange dress down day for Catholic Charities in Hawaii to help those in Lahaina. On any dress down day, organized as a school or rewarded from a dress down pass, students must wear school shoes or tennis shoes (Crocs, flip flops, slippers, or any non-shoe are not acceptable). Also, students are not permitted to wear dress hats or caps in the building or during the school day. For girls, leggings are permitted only if the shirt covers up the student’s front and backside.
- CARES Update: There will be no CARES on early (12 noon) dismissal days this school year: Wednesday, 11/22, Wednesday, 12/20, Wednesday, 3/27, and Thursday, 6/06. This decision was made in part because we want to ensure that our students, especially our younger members, have proper rest and lunch on these days. In addition, this recess allows our hardworking staff to recharge and start their holidays with their families and our cleaning crew to get a head start on sanitizing the building. We appreciate your understanding.
Repeat School Information
- If you unsubscribe from any message received through our School Messenger system, you will no longer receive any further updates from the school including transportation notices.
- If you or someone you know is looking for new ways to promote your business, please consider getting involved in one of our Home & School Events. For more information, please fill out this Google form linked below.
- Please note that there has been a change in date and venue for the Father-Daughter Dance this year. Please update your calendars to Saturday, March 2 from 6pm-9pm. More information to follow as we get closer to the date. We are looking forward to the special event!
- School Fundraising Events:
- Wednesday, November 1, and Wednesday, December 6 both all day (4-8 pm) are Saint Andrew Nights at Vince’s Pizzeria. Vince’s will be donating 15% from dine-in, takeout, and delivery food orders back to the school with mention of Saint Andrew Catholic School.
- Tuesday, November 21 (Thanksgiving week), Saint Andrew Day at Villaggio Iccara (104 Yardville Allentown Rd, Hamilton Township, NJ 08620). Iccara will be donating 15% from dine-in, takeout, and delivery food orders back to the school with mention of Saint Andrew Catholic School.
- All school year long, Newtown Pizza will be donating 10% from dine-in, takeout, and delivery food orders back to the school with mention of Saint Andrew Catholic School.
- Order Your Yearbooks Now!
- Click here to purchase a yearbook!
- All yearbooks MUST be purchased online. Orders will NOT be accepted after Thursday, February 29, 2024. 8th Grade students will be receiving one yearbook free of charge; no order necessary.
- Preschoolers are pictured with their classmates in a class photo, but their individual pictures are not pictured in the yearbooks.
- Northeastern Music Programs
- Students interested in joining the school band may still enroll throughout the month of October. As a reminder, participation in band is available to students in grades 4-8. Please note that at Saint Andrew, Northeastern Music just offers band and orchestra is offered separately.
- Saint Andrew Parish Blood Drive November 13, 2023
- Archdiocese of Philadelphia Catholic Youth Summer Camp (CYSC), Ohio 2024
- For rising 6-8th graders (current 5-7th graders)
The Week Ahead
- Monday, October 30
- Book Fair
- Red Room Halloween Parade
- Tuesday, October 31
- $1 Black and Orange Dress Down
- Book Fair
- Kindergarten & PK4 Halloween Parades
- Wednesday, November 1
- All Saints’ Day Mass 10AM in the Gym
- Book Fair
- Saint Andrew Night at Vince’s Pizzeria
- Thursday, November 2
- Book Fair
- Friday, November 3
- Book Fair
- Pretzel Day
High School Info
Gwynedd Mercy Academy High School – Important Fall 2023 Admissions Dates
- 8th Grade Visitation Day – www.gmahs.org/admissions/application-process – 8th Grade Visitation October – December 8:00 am – 3:00 pm (lunch will be provided)
La Salle College High School
Notre Dame High School
St. Joseph’s Prep Admissions Events & Dates
- Class of 2028 Application Deadline – Fri, Nov. 3, 2023
- Class of 2028 Financial Aid Deadline – Fri, Nov. 3, 2023
- Class of 2028 Entrance Exam Option #1 – Sat, Nov. 11, 2023
- Class of 2028 Entrance Exam Option #2 – Sun, Nov. 12, 2023
- 6th & 7th Grade “Sneak Peek” of St. Joseph’s Prep – Thurs, March 21, 2024
- 6th & 7th Grade Scholarship Entrance Practice Exam – Sat, April 27, 2024
Villa Victoria Academy